Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bone, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
South Sulawesi Enterprise Development Facilitator
Indonesia Country Programme is currently implementing a five-year project entitled Sustainable Landscapes for Climate-Resilient Livelihoods in Indonesia (Land4Lives). The Project is funded by Global Affair Canada (GAC). The Project aims to increase Indonesia's economic and climate-resilience livelihoods and food security for poor and vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls. Land4Lives will be implemented in South Sumatra, South Sulawesi, and East Nusa Tenggara. For the project implementation in South Sumatera, ICRAF Indonesia opens the position of South Sulawesi Enterprise Development Facilitator.
The position will support Land4Lives to contribute to developing the business model for restoration and water management, implement capacity strengthening for enterprise and market development for smallholder farmers and farmer groups.
Duties and responsibilities
package (WP) 2
- Lead primary (i.e. value
chain and market map) and secondary data collection (i.e price, trade
at local, national and world level)
- Lead and facilitate
series of focus group discussions process at landscape and sub-landscape
on issues of value chain and market in restoration, management of
water resources and watershed
- Contribute to the
development of business model of water resources and watershed
management/restoration plan/agreements at landscape and sub landscape
- Initiate and
maintain engagement relevant new multistakeholder or
existing multistakeholder at the landscape level that the
provincial coordinator already initiated and liaise with them for the
related task and activities under WP2.
- Provide documentation and
report of all activities to supervisors and research
team in Bogor.
- Coordinate with WP3
in linking landscape to village level.
work package (WP) 3
- Under the supervision of
the Senior Green Value Chains and Markets Researcher, plan and implement of
activities to achieve the targets of the Outputs under Immediate Outcome 1310
Financial Innovations, Marketing and Value Chains, including planning and implementation
of surveys, appraisals, analysis, training, development of technical material
(for farmers, farmer groups and traders), and data collection (management and
storage) and reporting.
- Assist the Senior Green
Value Chains and Markets Researcher, Sustainable Commodities and Market
Development Researcher, WP3 Leader, WP2 Leader and Provincial Coordinator to
develop and pilot a local innovative finance scheme for smallholder farmers and
farmer groups interested in agroforestry enterprise development.
- Support the Senior Green
Value Chains and Markets Researcher and other relevant project colleagues to
plan, implement and document smallholder finance, marketing and enterprise
Education, knowledge and experience
- Educational background (bachelor's degree) in economy, business management, market or any related field
- Minimum 5 years in related fields
Personal attributes and competencies
- Market systems and value chains development
- Community, partner facilitation, and coordination
- Private sector and value chain integration
- Capacity building and capacity building coordination
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
- Good administrative and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in English communication (verbal and written), good working knowledge of English in the areas of his/her professional expertise.
- Good networking skills and knowledge on local and national NGOs in Indonesia.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bone, South Sulawesi, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Jun-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Events Project Officer (Consultancy)
home-based (with ability to work in the Europe time zone)
Landscape News Assistant (Consultancy)
Science Writers (Consultancy)
GLF Youth Coordinator (Consultancy)
Internal Audit Internship (Internship)
New Delhi, India
Remote Sensing Specialist (Local Position)
Research Officer (Local Position)
Deputy Chief of Party (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Youth in Landscapes Network Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CET time zone or similar
Senior Accountant - Grants (Local Position)
GLFx Consultant for Latin America and the Caribbean (Consultancy)
Home-based, preferably in Latin America and Caribbean time zones
Consultant for Baseline Assessment of the Policy Environment and Investment Landscape in Relation to Trees Outside Forests (Consultancy)
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh