Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Landscape and Livelihood Gender Specialist
Indonesia Country Programme is currently implementing a five-year project entitled Sustainable Landscapes for Climate-Resilient Livelihoods in Indonesia (Land4Lives). The Project is funded by Global Affair Canada (GAC). The Project aims to increase Indonesia's economic and climate-resilience livelihoods and food security for poor and vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls. Land4Lives will be implemented in South Sumatra, South Sulawesi, and East Nusa Tenggara. Aside of Land4Lives, the Country Programme is also implementing several bilateral projects, all with specific focus on gender empowerment. Therefore, Indonesia Country Programme is recruiting Landscape and Livelihood Gender Specialist to support the implementation of the projects.
The Gender specialist will be responsible for evaluating whether the projects have integrated gender equality considerations into its activities and assess the achievement of gender equality results across the projects. The specialist will also be responsible for identifying lessons-learned and best practices put in place under all project of ICRAF Indonesia in gender equality and formulate recommendations with a particular emphasis on how to better integrate gender equality in this type of project. (S)he will provide technical advice and support to the team in the area of gender equality. The specialist will also provide strategic input to ICRAF Indonesia research in a way that contributes towards achieving the country program’s commitments to advancing gender equality and reducing social and economic inequalities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop work plan for gender empowerment
for the Land4Lives project according to
the approved gender empowerment strategy in Project Implementation Plan
- Provides gender empowerment support WP1
(Work Package 1) of Land4Lives in strengthening land-use governance and
policy making for climate change mitigation and adaptation that benefit the poor
and vulnerable populations in selected provinces in Indonesia
- Provides gender empowerment support WP2
(Work Package 2) of Land4Lives in improving landscape-level decision-making in
management for better ecosystem health and services that meet different needs
of women and men in priority landscapes within selected provinces
- Provides gender empowerment support WP3
(Work Package 3) of Land4Lives in enhancing climate-resilient livelihoods of
poor and vulnerable communities, particularly women, in selected villages
within the priority landscapes of the selected provinces
- To facilitate the gender sensitive engagement process to the
stakeholders including government and non-government institution in NTT.
- Facilitate gender empowerment network at province level as a
center of excellence for capacity building of human resources on climate change
adaptation, food security and gender equality.
- Contribute in reporting to donor on gender
- The specialist will work together with
project leader, in ensure the integration of gender sensitive approaches into
program planning, development and implementation at provincial level function
smoothly and efficiently
- Monitor and review the overall gender
empowerment implementation at the province, district and village level and
provides advice and supports to resolve issues in the field.
- Supervise the efficient selection of beneficiaries and
ensure their proper distribution in collaboration with the representative of
implementing partners and government agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of semi-annual
and annual project report
- Develop a coordination mechanism for the
collaborating partners of the Project related to gender empowerment actions
- Establish and maintain positive working relations
with municipalities and relevant stakeholders in community to ensure
cooperation and success of project implementation.
- Establish linkages with local government
(departments), local NGOs (Nongovernmental Organizations), CSOs, social groups,
for different and comprehensive development activities
- Provide support to the development of
communication and partnership arrangements.
- Take proactive measures and liaise with
regional office, partner organizations and local official.
- To be familiar with the cultural,
socio-economic, and political environment of the region and province of NTT
- Draws up reports and presentation
- Coordinate the results and lessons learned
Education, knowledge and experience
- Educational background (bachelor's degree) in social science, political science, human geography, development studies, other relevant social or interdisciplinary sciences.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment, while functioning as an individual contributor.
- Minimum 8 (eight) years of a successful work experience record in the subject area (s) related to project management & implementation.
- Demonstrated self-motivational and result-oriented nature; good planning and problem analyzing/ solving skills
Personal attributes and competencies
- Supporting a gender-responsive research agenda runs into multiple sensitivities both internal and external to the organization and thus requires a person with a high level of social awareness in addition to excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position, even more than others, requires significant attention not only to research but also to impact.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, or any office application).
- Good administrative and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in English communication (verbal and written), good working knowledge of English in the areas of his/her professional expertise.
- Good networking skills and knowledge on local and national NGOs in Indonesia.
- Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines, good understanding of time management.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate.
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Willing to receive feedback from others.
- Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Jun-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Events Project Officer (Consultancy)
home-based (with ability to work in the Europe time zone)
Landscape News Assistant (Consultancy)
Science Writers (Consultancy)
GLF Youth Coordinator (Consultancy)
Internal Audit Internship (Internship)
New Delhi, India
Remote Sensing Specialist (Local Position)
Research Officer (Local Position)
Deputy Chief of Party (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Youth in Landscapes Network Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CET time zone or similar
Senior Accountant - Grants (Local Position)
GLFx Consultant for Latin America and the Caribbean (Consultancy)
Home-based, preferably in Latin America and Caribbean time zones
Consultant for Baseline Assessment of the Policy Environment and Investment Landscape in Relation to Trees Outside Forests (Consultancy)
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh