Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Assistant Accountant Treasury (Cashier and Banking Assistant)
OverviewThe Assistant Accountant Treasury (Cashier and Banking Assistant) serves as custodian of Bogor 's cash on hand. This is an important position to support the needs of cash or payments in cash daily, to record the payments through cheques, and to record motor pool expenditures and income. Monthly reconciliation of Petty Cash and GL transactions. The role is also important to maintain good relationships with CIFOR’s bankers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain Petty Cash Funds in both IDR and USD
- Prepare Petty Cash Vouchers
- Prepare daily report for Petty Cash Funds accountability
- Prepare weekly report for Petty Cash Funds accountability
- Prepare Petty Cash report as basis for replenishment
- Prepare month-end report for Rupiah petty cash and USD notes
- Maintain cash balances according to CIFOR’s policy
- Ensure that petty cash vouchers are fully authorized and supported before payment.
- Ensure that authorization guidelines and limits are followed in respect to petty cash.
- safeguarding the petty cash under lock and key certificates at every end of the month.
- Write cheques
- Distribute cash advances for travels and payment by cheques or cash to the claimants/payees
- Distribute advances to drivers, calculate actual vehicle expenses, record motor pool charges, and ensure that settlement of advances is completed within a week
- Record cash payment into OCS
- Follow up with bank signers for manual payments
- Receive cash payments from invoices and cash return of cash advances, hosted institution and the other external
- Prepare cash receipts
- Record cash receipts into OCS
- Prepare covering letter for check deposits
- Prepare covering letter for check/ invoices sent by mail
- Maintain good relationship with CIFOR bankers
- Correspond with banks.
- Update documents required by banks
- Inform incoming transactions through banks to project account and general account and prepare acknowledgement letter, if required
- Record incoming in general ledger
- Implementation of internal control systems that ensure CIFOR_ICRAF attains its objectives, produce accurate and reliable data for decision making.
- Ensure compliance to policies and safeguard of CIFOR_ICRAF assets.
- Ensure deployment of control activities through implementation of CIFOR_ICRAF policies that establish what is expected and procedures that put policies into action.
- Identify and assess changes that could significantly impact the system of internal control in the Centre.
- Evaluate and communicate internal control deficiencies in a timely manner to the supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
- A minimum Diploma in Accounting / business /management. Undergraduate is an advantage
- A minimum of 5 (Five) years of relevant experience (cashier position)
- Has knowledge of basic accounting
- Familiar with excel and other office software
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience with financial software applications, familiar with UNIT4 Agresso Business World System (OCS)
Personal attributes and competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently
- under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Initiative, capable of working independently, and an effective team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for one year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia. To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 14 May-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Consultant - GLF Speakers Coordinator (Consultancy)
Senior Project Officer (Local Position)
Internship to update the International Database on REDD+ Projects and Programs - Linking Economics, Carbon and Communities (ID-RECCO) (Internship)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya