Job status: In-progress
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager
Since the onset of COVID-19, the number of online events that CIFOR-ICRAF organizes, or those where our scientists are invited to speak has significantly increased. Additional capacity is required within COE to enable smooth and effective delivery of event-related services.
Reporting to the Global Communications Coordinator the Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager prepares the global communications strategy and budget forecasting each year for conferences and events, leads the internal and external communication coordination, events budget management and overall events logistic support, oversees relevant staffs and consultants, leads publication/knowledge products dissemination. The Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager will work closely with the Global Communications Coordinator to ensure effective evaluation of CIFOR-ICRAF’s global events in alignment with the overall outreach and communications strategy.
The Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager will work with the Communications, Outreach and Engagement and CIFOR-ICRAF’s scientific staff to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of CIFOR-ICRAF’s overall investment in events, workshops, conferences and the Global Landscapes Forum through effective planning and evaluation.
Duties and responsibilities
To lead the planning, budgeting and
delivery of CIFOR-ICRAF’s global events in line with the institution’s
strategic objectives and ensure all the events goals are met.
- Develop and execute a Global
Conferences and Events Outreach strategy; including narrative, key messages in
alignment with the editorial calendar and ensure that
the timelines and deliverables are met
- Develop and execute full
communications plans for each event and including briefs, editorial agenda,
talking points and leading on the communications strategy
- Liaise with CIFOR-ICRAF scientists
to prepare and to assist in drafting concept notes related to CIFOR-ICRAF
campaigns, events, online initiatives including events of global significance,
Global Landscapes Forum events and Regional and thematic events
- Provide full events planning,
reports and logistical service to CIFOR-ICRAF’s themes and regions and prepare
event reports and lessons learnt for knowledge management
- Manage consultants and
staff involved in CIFOR-ICRAF’s global events and
the Global Landscapes Forum to ensure effective coordination with scientists
and Communications, Outreach and Engagement
- Serve as a focal point, develop
and manage relationships with stakeholders and partners and organizations
related to conferences
- In charge of all conference
contracts preparation and management
- Coordinate the CIFOR-ICRAF’s
Events Management System, Events webpage and Events Calendar and conducting
research to build a more comprehensive event portfolio for the institution to
maximize its impact and influence in the agriculture, forestry sector and
- Work closely with fellow
CIFOR-ICRAF COE team members on outreach, mainstream and social media campaigns
related to the event planning and support scientists and others to promote
their research at events, workshops and conferences
- Coordinate the development of
materials for CIFOR-ICRAF staff and partners attending events including exhibitions,
publications and other promotional items.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Degree in communication or related discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in global conferences, events planning, logistics and budget management
- Experience in coordinating large conferences, involving senior Government ministers and managing attendances of more than 2,000 participants
- Proven ability to develop communications strategic direction
- Ability to travel and flexibility
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of other international language is an advantage.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Have initiative and capable of working independently as well as in team environments.
- Strong leadership and client service approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with people effectively and positively in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment – including CIFOR-ICRAF staff, management and external contractors/suppliers.
- Ability in personal organization, planning, priority setting and managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Terms and conditions
- This is a consultancy position
- Period of the consultancy is expected to June 2022 to December 2022
- Work location: Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 21 May-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Assistant Accountant Treasury (Cashier and Banking Assistant) (Local Position)