Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits
Human Resources Officer-Compensation and Benefits will report to HR Team Leader in managing compensation and benefits administration for all staff as well as the hosted staff. Ensure the implementation of Compensation and Benefits (C&B) are within the HR policy Manual and procedures and local labor laws. The officer supervises HR Assistant position.
Duties and responsibilities
Prepare payroll for CIFOR-ICRAF Global
and local staff based in Indonesia and other location. Coordinate with Finance
to ensure funds available for timely salary payments. Prepare monthly and annual salary report, including US tax data
- Manage Benefits administration for local staff based in various locations, specifically Indonesia.
a. Manage and administer Staff Provident Fund i.e. staff enrollment and payment administration
b. Manage and administer Medical Insurances and payment i.e., BPJS Health and other private insurances.
c. Leave administration
- Manage Global Staff’s compensation and benefits administration in all office’s locations:
a. Manage staff and dependent’s Medical, life Insurance, AD&D insurances and pension Plan
b. Manage leave administration, relocation and repatriation of the staff members
- Periodically review the administration
of benefits for global and local positions
C. Staff cost employment: Provide and update cost of employment for staff in the system
D. Onboarding and Separation:
a. Conduct C&B orientation for new
staff for global and local position
b. Manage separation and departure
clearance process of departing staff, i.e., preparing separation procedures and
acceptance letters, coordinate clearances from other units
- Prepare information related
to C&B for audit and other purpose:
a. Contributes to the annual salary survey
b. Prepare data for various audit purposes required by donors and organization audit
- Support policy development
process by providing research on options and assist in Human Resources related
- Assist and support other HR Team members,
e.g., prepare the staff data report/chart
- Participate in and/or lead HR
Projects for alignment, continuous improvement,etc
Education, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration or other related studies
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in compensation and benefits area. Knowledge of Indonesian labor law is a must, other countries labor laws would be an advantage. Understand the human resources policies , procedures and guidelines
- Fluent in writing and speaking English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Hands on with HR Software especially payroll and leave systems (HRIS)
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Experience in salary reviews based on market and sector specific benchmarking to ensure competitiveness.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Excellent customer support skills, ensuring internal and external client relations are running smoothly when it comes to compensation and benefits.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills with an ability to work as an individual contributor as well as team player
- Ability to effectively work in coordination with managers within the organization
- Attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for two-year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia. To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf To learn more about CIFOR -ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 13 May-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Consultant - GLF Speakers Coordinator (Consultancy)
Senior Project Officer (Local Position)
Internship to update the International Database on REDD+ Projects and Programs - Linking Economics, Carbon and Communities (ID-RECCO) (Internship)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya