Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Senior Project Officer
Under the supervision of the Head of PMU, the Senior Project Officer will provide effective and efficient project management support to CIFOR-ICRAF’s Principal Investigators (PIs) under appointed team(s). This will require substantial initiative and judgement, understanding of CIFOR-ICRAF’s system, policies and procedures and close collaboration with PIs, Finance, Team Support staff, Resource Mobilization Unit (RMU), and CIFOR-ICRAF’s partners.
Duties and responsibilities
Initiation of Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs), Grant
Agreements, Partner Letters of Agreement (LoAs):
closely with the Legal Officer and Finance to review and analyze information
provided in a Grant Agreement (GA), Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) including
amendments, and/or provide suggestions/advice in compliance with CIFOR-ICRAF’s
policies and procedures.
Letters of Agreement (LoAs) including amendments, based on ToR provided by PIs;
identify information missing in ToR if needed; and provide suggestions where
needed for compliance with CIFOR-ICRAF’s policies and procedures and donor
each Grant Agreement (GA), Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Partner LOA in
the Project Management System (PMS).
- Financial monitoring
Review financial status from Finance, follow up outstanding commitments and/or suggest necessary changes.
Support the PI in monitoring the progress of project activities in order to understand the project’s financial spending (budget monitoring) and/or update the financial plan as necessary with Finance.
- Financial reporting
During a project audit, support Finance with any information/supporting documents as needed.
- Project start-up
Work closely with the Program Coordinator to review project documents and/or discuss with the Project Manager and/or project teams about the project implementation plan.
Initiate project start-up on the Project Management System (PMS).
- Project tracking
Initiate necessary changes in the Project Management System based on identified needs or at the request of the Project Manager.
- Donor deliverables and
Upload donor technical reports and deliverables to the Project Management System.
Work closely with PIs to ensure timely technical reporting and deliverables from partners in compliance with the LoA with that partner.
Undertake an initial review of partner financial reports prior to review by Finance.
Facilitate effective communication and discussion between partner, project team, Finance and others in the PMU team related to GA, MoU, LoA and amendments to strengthen the coordination of the implementation of project activities.
back-up support to fellow Senior Project Officers as necessary.
with other related responsibilities within PMU, as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields is required. Master’s degree preferable.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project administration and management, including financial management, proven experience in internationally funded project, as well as human resources policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Excellent skills in organizing and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Have initiative and capable of working independently as well as an effective team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
- Proactive, target driven, and diligent.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for one year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia. To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 29 Apr-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya
Assistant Accountant Treasury (Cashier and Banking Assistant) (Local Position)