Job status: Inactive
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Yaoundé, Cameroon
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Consultant to Support the Implementation of COMIFAC’s Convergence Plan
The Renforcement et Institutionnalisation de l'Observatoire des Forêts d'Afrique Centrale (RIOFAC) is funded by the European Union through the ECOFAC 6 program. The RIOFAC project is implemented by a consortium (CIFOR, CIRAD, FRMi, UCL) led by CIFOR. The project was the subject of an amendment which increased its budget by one million Euros.
CIFOR - ICRAF within the framework of the RIOFAC project and will provides, an additional support to the Commission of the Forests of Central Africa (COMIFAC) in the implementation of its Convergence Plan, and to be the bridge between COMIFAC and Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS). This support concerns the development of new project concept notes, and the preparation of terms of reference for a set of new studies commissioned by COMIFAC.
*Please download the attachment to see the advert in French version.
Duties and responsibilities
general objective is to provide additional technical support to COMIFAC for the
development of new project concept notes and the preparation of new studies.
the guidance of the Regional Convener for Central Africa and Deputy Executive
Secretary (DES) of COMIFAC who the Technical Coordinator of the organization is
Also, the consultant will
Perform the following tasks:
COMIFAC in the implementation of its convergence plan
terms of reference for studies initiated by COMIFAC
concept notes for new project ideas identified by COMIFAC
COMIFAC in its relationship with potential donors
COMIFAC in the maintenance of relationships with ECCAS
Education, knowledge and experience
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in a discipline related to natural resource management, fundraising, Project management and climate change
- Have a minimum of 8 years of experience in similar fields
- Have specific knowledge of the context in Central Africa
- Have proven experience as a consultant for sub - regional and international organizations
- Have a proven ability to write concepts notes of projects, to elaborate projects and write technical reports
- Capacity to work in French and English or other COMIFAC working languages.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Terms and conditions
- This is a consultancy position
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be April – September 2022 To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 23 Mar-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Events Project Officer (Consultancy)
home-based (with ability to work in the Europe time zone)
Landscape News Assistant (Consultancy)
Science Writers (Consultancy)
GLF Youth Coordinator (Consultancy)
Internal Audit Internship (Internship)
New Delhi, India
Remote Sensing Specialist (Local Position)
Research Officer (Local Position)
Deputy Chief of Party (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Youth in Landscapes Network Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CET time zone or similar
Senior Accountant - Grants (Local Position)
GLFx Consultant for Latin America and the Caribbean (Consultancy)
Home-based, preferably in Latin America and Caribbean time zones
Consultant for Baseline Assessment of the Policy Environment and Investment Landscape in Relation to Trees Outside Forests (Consultancy)
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh