Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Digital Publishing Administrator
OverviewThe Digital Publishing Administrator supports pre-press services and manages printing on demand. The role includes publishing activities, asset management support, and design of social media for promotion of publications.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Pre-press and printing on demand
- Manage pre-press for web and press, including colour
correction, image manipulation, in-house printing, and print specifications for
the procurement administrative process.
- Coordinate and oversee relationships with printing and
production consultants and specialists at headquarters and in the regions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly monitoring
analysis of publishing programme, and year-on-year performance reviews.
- Support quality control of proofreading activities for
- Supporting publication updates/corrections and respond
to requests for publications.
3. Asset management support
- Implement file management from Design workspace to (camera
ready) final product.
- Support file management of photo assets.
4. Social media and corporate products
- Support design of digital marketing / social media
activities for CIFOR-ICRAF major publications.
- Provide design support for corporate products.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communications or a related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of design work experience, demonstrated active creative thinking, and solid professional skills; work experience in an advertising company is preferred.
- Good written and spoken English
- Strong pre-press experience with Adobe Acrobat, offset printing, digital and in-house printing, and experience working with procurement administrations and print vendors
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Microsoft Office
- Experience working with multiple communication channels (email, phone, WhatsApp, Zoom, MS Teams, etc)
- Design experience with social media visual promotions, banners and website landing pages
Personal attributes and competencies
- Detail-oriented and digitally savvy.
- Ability to work independently, to multitask and prioritize
- A team player with outstanding interpersonal communications skills and a positive attitude
- Desire to learn and excel in a high-performance team environment
- Strong client service approach
- Resourceful, creative and solution-oriented
- Passionate about publishing and up to date with latest trends and industry news
- Demonstrates high quality work, professionalism, efficiency, and focus under pressure
- Highly organized, attention to detail, results-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
Terms and conditions
- This is a local position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 09 Jan-2022
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Consultant - GLF Speakers Coordinator (Consultancy)
Senior Project Officer (Local Position)
Internship to update the International Database on REDD+ Projects and Programs - Linking Economics, Carbon and Communities (ID-RECCO) (Internship)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya