Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
CIFOR-ICRAF is currently seeking to fill several positions in The Asia Continental Program (ACP).
- Job Category: Locally Recruited Position,
- Remuneration package: INR 525,704 – 882,132 p.a.
- Cash Benefits: Base salary, House rent allowance, fixed dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, children education allowance, etc
- Non-cash Benefits: The staff, spouse and two dependent children are entitled for in-patient medical health insurance policy; and for outpatient medical care (equivalent to one month salary plus fixed dearness allowance) for a calendar year
- Duty station: New Delhi, with frequent travel within India.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will report to Country Coordinator through
Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO), India; and provide the designated
staff with necessary accounting support, including but not limited to filing
and maintenance of office records; and other duties assigned. This position
will also work under all supervision of headquarter based Finance Unit.
Summary of responsibilities
lead (with least supervision of FAO) to keep proper accounting of advances/
liquidation to partner institutions and staff as per policies, and donor
the accuracy of the expenditure reports and highlights variances to the FAO
in draft donor financial reports on a timely basis and allow adequate review by
FAO before approval and dispatch to the
donor from ICRAF HQ.
of invoices/bills and preparation vouchers for payment to vendors.
FAO in preparing audit schedules and get the external audit of accounts.
adequate review by FAO before approval and dispatch to the donor from ICRAF HQ.
in internal and external audit; and the handling of the audit queries and
co-ordination of the program external audit
all team members on their queries pertaining to the actual expenditures.
Petty cash book and disbursement of the same
the management of data files and the appropriate filing of electronic and hard
copies of the financial documents and reports
the monthly financial report based on the accounting application with all
necessary justifying documentation (invoice, other supports and bank cheques
payment record of all invoices received
payee statement records for all suppliers
out payment of all regular area office expenses such as office rental,
telephone bills, office supplies, advances etc.
to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s in commerce or business administration.
- Accounting qualification is a requirement.
- Up to three (3) years relevant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in an accounting financial system and record keeping
- Experience in an NGO or international organization environment will be an added advantage.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Hard working
- ability to work in multicultural environment
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position.
- Duration of the contract: One year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary.
- Based on the performance/ competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three reference through CIFOR-ICRAF career page
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
- Candidates should mention the position and location (if applicable) they are applying in the cover letter.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers, https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf, https://www.cifor-icraf.org/careers
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 23 Dec-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Consultant - GLF Speakers Coordinator (Consultancy)
Senior Project Officer (Local Position)
Internship to update the International Database on REDD+ Projects and Programs - Linking Economics, Carbon and Communities (ID-RECCO) (Internship)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya