Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Research Officer, Soil Health and Technology
CIFOR-ICRAF is currently seeking to fill several positions in The Asia Continental Program (ACP).
- Job Category: Locally Recruited Position,
- Remuneration package: INR 1,200,888 – 2,321,607 p.a.
- Cash Benefits: Base salary, House rent allowance, fixed dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, children education allowance, etc
- Non-cash Benefits: The staff, spouse and two dependent children are entitled for in-patient medical health insurance policy; and for outpatient medical care (equivalent to one month salary plus fixed dearness allowance) for a calendar year
- Duty station: New Delhi, with frequent travel within India.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will report to Country Coordinator, CIFOR
–ICRAF, India; and will closely work with Soil Health team of CIFOR-ICRAF.
Should be able to lead/ support, plan and implement CIFOR-ICRAF research
activities on agroforestry, and soil health in general, and spectroscopic and
other modern soil analysis techniques in particular following standard /
prescribed research protocols, quantitative analyses & interpretation of
the findings. Data analysis, preparation of reports, and publication in
journals of high repute is essentially expected from the incumbent. The
candidate is expected to develop successful funding proposals either
independently or as a team. Besides contributing to India program, s/he will
significantly contribute to CIFOR-ICRAF projects’ implementation in India and
in the region.
Summary of responsibilities
CIFOR-ICRAF work on soil health, and standardization and use of spectroscopic
techniques at scale
spectral lab network in Asia; and communicate results to multiple audiences
soil health research to understand the impact of land management on key
indicators of soil and land health
scaling up agroforestry policy development and implementation in India, and in
the region, focusing on soil carbon and carbon sequestration
adopt, and introduce new methodologies to modernize the research methods and
techniques at CIFOR-ICRAF
support developing concept notes and proposals for resource mobilization
analyze, and summarize research data, publish research papers and policy briefs
reports for internal use & for submission to donors and stakeholders
support project reviews, workshops, conferences, meetings organization
preparation of news articles, blogs, papers, power points, posters, and other
required material to disseminate the research and impact of CIFOR-ICRAF
knowledge products (website contents, brochure, technology notes etc.) &
coordinate with Communication/IT teams to keep the India/Asia website/ project web
to implementation of ICAR-ICRAF work plan in India
and work with CIFOR-ICRAF larger teams based in various countries, with Theme
Leaders, and the community of practice within Asia Region and other geographic
CIFOR-ICRAF at various official meetings with national partners, donors and
other stakeholders, if asked by the Country Coordinator.
to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in agroforestry/ forestry/agriculture or in relevant filed with minimum 8 years’ experience, or PhD with at least 5 years’ experience in the relevant filed as evidenced with high quality publications.
- Knowledge of funding scenarios and ability to write/contribute to successful proposals.
- Good track record of working with an NGO or international organization environment will be an added advantage.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Must be able to work as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good judgment.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position.
- Duration of the contract: One year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary.
- Based on the performance/ competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three reference through CIFOR-ICRAF career page
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
- Candidates should mention the position and location (if applicable) they are applying in the cover letter.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers, https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf, https://www.cifor-icraf.org/careers
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 23 Dec-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Consultant - GLF Speakers Coordinator (Consultancy)
Senior Project Officer (Local Position)
Internship to update the International Database on REDD+ Projects and Programs - Linking Economics, Carbon and Communities (ID-RECCO) (Internship)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya