Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Logistic Assistants – 8 positions
CIFOR-ICRAF is currently seeking to fill several positions in The Asia Continental Program (ACP) for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for Trees Outside Forest in India (TOFI) program. The TOFI Program will run for five years – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2026) in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. Initial appointment will be for a period of one year with a probation period of 3 months for Local Positions. Contracts will be renewed every year during the 5 years’ duration of TOFI, based on performance, timely delivery, and continued relevance for the position. All these positions will be under CIFOR-ICRAF umbrella, and while contributing to TOFI’s implementation; hired staff will also be actively engaged in overall CIFOR-ICRAF program in India. The positions may continue beyond TOFI subjected to availability of placement and funding.
- Job Category: Locally Recruited Position,
- Remuneration package: INR 525,704 – 882,132 p.a.
- Cash Benefits: Base salary, House rent allowance, fixed dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, children education allowance, etc
- Non-cash Benefits: The staff, spouse and two dependent children are entitled for in-patient medical health insurance policy; and for outpatient medical care (equivalent to one month salary plus fixed dearness allowance) for a calendar year
- Duty station: Any of the 7 TOFI target States (Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh).
Applicants should clearly mention for which state they are applying
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be based at state/district office of TOFI, and will report to State Coordinator, TOFI project, CIFOR-ICRAF. S/he will be
responsible for ensuring timely acquisition, supply/delivery storage and
disposal of goods and services, and logistics operations at optimum
cost-effective levels in the state office.
Summary of responsibilities
procurement actions of office/ project and ensure an adequate supply of
required materials and services: Liaise with clients on purchases, Identity and
recommend potential new suppliers to be included into the supplier’s database,
Source for quotations from Local and International suppliers for specialized
items, Coordinate the tendering process, communicating to users on suppliers
and providing advice, Processing Local Purchase Orders, Address all procurement
that procurement practices are in compliance with the project’s Policy and
out disposal of assets: documentation; and convene disposal committees.
asset inventory control and management, facilities management, and coordinate
and process shipping documents with clearing agents.
goods and services are as per order.
with clients on purchases.
market intelligence to determine cost effectiveness of materials sources.
to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management and Logistics or Graduation in any discipline
- Member of Institute for Supply Management, India (ISM India) or any other recognized professional body would be an added advantage
- Up to three (3) years relevant experience in a busy procurement and supplies department
- Fluency and residency in the language (reading, writing, and spoken) in preferred state is essential.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor funded programs preferred
- Experience in an NGO or international organization environment will be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of shipping processes, documents and metrics
Personal attributes and competencies
- Must be able to work as a team member in accomplishment of duties
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good judgment
- Demonstrate high level of integrity
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining a timely and efficient workflow
- A strong customer service orientation
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position.
- Duration of the contract: One year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary.
- Based on the performance/ competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three reference through CIFOR-ICRAF career page
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
- Candidates should mention the position and location (if applicable) they are applying in the cover letter.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers, https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf, https://www.cifor-icraf.org/careers
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 23 Dec-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Consultant - GLF Speakers Coordinator (Consultancy)
Senior Project Officer (Local Position)
Internship to update the International Database on REDD+ Projects and Programs - Linking Economics, Carbon and Communities (ID-RECCO) (Internship)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya