Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Logistic and Procurement In-charge
CIFOR-ICRAF is currently seeking to fill several positions in The Asia Continental Program (ACP) for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for Trees Outside Forest in India (TOFI) program. The TOFI Program will run for five years – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2026) in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. Initial appointment will be for a period of one year with a probation period of 3 months for Local Positions. Contracts will be renewed every year during the 5 years’ duration of TOFI, based on performance, timely delivery, and continued relevance for the position. All these positions will be under CIFOR-ICRAF umbrella, and while contributing to TOFI’s implementation; hired staff will also be actively engaged in overall CIFOR-ICRAF program in India. The positions may continue beyond TOFI subjected to availability of placement and funding.
- Job Category: Locally Recruited Position,
- Remuneration package: INR 904,228 – 1,563,468 p.a.
- Cash Benefits: Base salary, House rent allowance, fixed dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, children education allowance, etc
- Non-cash Benefits: The staff, spouse and two dependent children are entitled for in-patient medical health insurance policy; and for outpatient medical care (equivalent to one month salary plus fixed dearness allowance) for a calendar year
- Duty station: New Delhi, India with frequent travel within India.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be based at New Delhi and will report to the
Chief of Party (COP). The incumbent will be responsible for all program
logistics and procurement. S/he will ensure timely acquisition, supply/delivery
storage and disposal of goods and services, and logistics operations at optimum
Summary of responsibilities
- Respond to procurement/logistics requests related to supplies,
materials, and other items for project beneficiaries and activities.
- Prequalify and update CIFOR-ICRAF’s vendor listing for the supply
of goods and services and constantly research to broaden and ensure a vendor
base which is not only reliable but of high quality and competitively priced.
- Analyze and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance
with regard to quality, prices, delivery and procurement performance in respect
of the Centre’s requirements.
- Ensure that procurement practices are in compliance with the
project’s Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Ensure all procurement requests are completed with all the
required information and maintain a filing system to track open versus closed
- Develop a procurement plan in collaboration with DCoP
- Manage the assets disposal process ensuring that all duties due to
the Government are paid before disposal and liaise with Finance team to
facilitate update of the asset register.
- Maintain an efficient inventory system for
procured goods and materials, including office equipment.
- Place all the assets procured under TOFI program on the standard
inventory template and disseminate inventory of items awaiting shipment to
State Program Offices, District Offices and hubs.
- Manage logistics operations including vehicles, material and personnel
and ensure efficient and timely delivery of items to the State Program Offices,
District Offices and hubs.
- Prepare weekly and monthly procurement, personnel, vehicle and
material movements and other operational logistic issues status reports for submission
- Maintain all procurement and logistics files (records and process
documents) and databases as required by the project.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on policy issues related to
procurement, logistics and contract issues
- Implement internal controls and procedures designed to ensure
strict compliance with the Centre’s procurement manual and in conformity with
donor guidelines and requirements
- Initiate and handle all insurance claims against the carrier or
otherwise for purchases damaged or lost, and the processing of all related
documents until final settlement.
- Attend to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Supply Chain Management and Logistics or BBA (regular) with diploma in Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in procurement, logistics and supplies management gained in working for a busy procurement department.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi.
- Experience in an NGO or international organization environment will be an added advantage
- Specialized training in procurement and/or logistics management.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement procedures is an advantage.
- Member of Institute for Supply Management, India (ISM India) or any other recognized professional body would be an added advantage
- Good understanding of procurement and supplies procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office
Personal attributes and competencies
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, but also lead and participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Demonstrate high level of integrity
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining a timely and efficient workflow
- A strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- Flexible on work hours
- Adapts well to change
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position.
- Duration of the contract: One year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary.
- Based on the performance/ competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three reference through CIFOR-ICRAF career page
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
- Candidates should mention the position and location (if applicable) they are applying in the cover letter.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers, https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf, https://www.cifor-icraf.org/careers
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 23 Dec-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Consultant - GLF Speakers Coordinator (Consultancy)
Senior Project Officer (Local Position)
Internship to update the International Database on REDD+ Projects and Programs - Linking Economics, Carbon and Communities (ID-RECCO) (Internship)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya