Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
State Coordinators – 7 positions
CIFOR-ICRAF is currently seeking to fill several positions in The Asia Continental Program (ACP) for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for Trees Outside Forest in India (TOFI) program. The TOFI Program will run for five years – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2026) in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. Initial appointment will be for a period of one year with a probation period of 3 months for Local Positions. Contracts will be renewed every year during the 5 years’ duration of TOFI, based on performance, timely delivery, and continued relevance for the position. All these positions will be under CIFOR-ICRAF umbrella, and while contributing to TOFI’s implementation; hired staff will also be actively engaged in overall CIFOR-ICRAF program in India. The positions may continue beyond TOFI subjected to availability of placement and funding.
- Job Category: Locally Recruited Position,
- Remuneration package: INR 904,228 – 1,563,468 p.a.
- Cash Benefits: Base salary, House rent allowance, fixed dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, children education allowance, etc
- Non-cash Benefits: The staff, spouse and two dependent children are entitled for in-patient medical health insurance policy; and for outpatient medical care (equivalent to one month salary plus fixed dearness allowance) for a calendar year
- Duty station: Any of the 7 TOFI target States (Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh).
Applicants should clearly mention for which state they are applying
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicants will be based state/ district office of TOFI, and will report to Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP), CIFOR-ICRAF. Under the supervision of DCoP, they will be responsible for spearheading the delivery of TOFI’s Program Delivery Model (PDM) in the state, establishing, fostering, and working closely with the state’s TOF Innovation Platform. This will include working with key state-level implementing partners and other stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and pursue TOF expansion opportunities; spearheading the development of state-level annual work plans and ensuring their cost-efficient implementation; overseeing and managing the state’s operational budget; liaising and networking with a plurality of state-level stakeholders; identifying and mitigating risks and operational bottlenecks; and ensuring the delivery of key project activities and outputs as they pertain to the state level. Work closely with DCoP to supervise key state-level project staff and implementing partners and ensure compliance with the ethical standards and procedure and policies enshrined in USAID and TOFI rules and regulations.
Summary of responsibilities
- In coordination with the DCoP, lead and supervise the state
project team to rollout TOFI’s Program Delivery Model—the core focus being to
work with stakeholders to identify, prioritise, and pursue promising public and
private good leaning TOF expansion opportunities—while ensuring oversight of
all technical and operational aspects of the project, including planning and
- Convene and facilitate successful functioning of the state’s TOF
Innovation Platform (IP) and conduct monthly/weekly meeting with relevant state
- Liaise and engage with local government institutions, relevant
private sector companies, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), for effective support of TOFI’s objectives.
- Oversee state-level project financial management and reporting on
- Work with DCoP on the development of the annual implementation
plan, budgets, and other project deliverables.
- Support the roll-out of the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation &
Learning Plan; Gender Analysis Plan; and Environmental Monitoring and
Mitigation Plan, with spearheading the capturing of Activity Location Data.
- Extending support to field staff in execution field activities
such as, farmers selection, input distribution, data collection, cleaning,
monitoring and submission.
- Lead organizing project workshop, trainings and other capacity
development programs, network development, knowledge sharing for mutual
learning and all TOFI initiatives.
- Preparation and maintenance of records and draft reports in relation to state-level activities as per
- Any other work related with the project implementation assigned by
- Attend to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master of Science (MSc) in Agriculture, Agroforestry, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Social Sciences, , Natural Resource Management.
- At least 5 years of field experience in implementing donor-funded projects and or/development programs, with a demonstrated experience leading a teams to achieve development results.
- Fluency and residency in the language (reading, writing, and spoken) in preferred state is essential.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Previous working experience in CGIAR centres/international organizations in Rajasthan or other Indian state is preferred.
- Proven experience with Rajasthan state officials, ICAR institutes, is highly desirable, to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making.
- Familiarity with standard software packages (MS Office).
Personal attributes and competencies
- Strong skills in conceptualization, communication, and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and networking and interpersonal skills is critical for this role.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position.
- Duration of the contract: One year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary.
- Based on the performance/ competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three reference through CIFOR-ICRAF career page
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
- Candidates should mention the position and location (if applicable) they are applying in the cover letter.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers, https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf, https://www.cifor-icraf.org/careers
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 23 Dec-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Events Project Officer (Consultancy)
home-based (with ability to work in the Europe time zone)
Landscape News Assistant (Consultancy)
Science Writers (Consultancy)
GLF Youth Coordinator (Consultancy)
Internal Audit Internship (Internship)
New Delhi, India
Remote Sensing Specialist (Local Position)
Research Officer (Local Position)
Deputy Chief of Party (Local Position)
New Delhi, India
GLF Youth in Landscapes Network Intern (Internship)
Home-based, preferably in CET time zone or similar
Senior Accountant - Grants (Local Position)
GLFx Consultant for Latin America and the Caribbean (Consultancy)
Home-based, preferably in Latin America and Caribbean time zones
Consultant for Baseline Assessment of the Policy Environment and Investment Landscape in Relation to Trees Outside Forests (Consultancy)
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh
- In coordination with the DCoP, lead and supervise the state project team to rollout TOFI’s Program Delivery Model—the core focus being to work with stakeholders to identify, prioritise, and pursue promising public and private good leaning TOF expansion opportunities—while ensuring oversight of all technical and operational aspects of the project, including planning and implementation.