Job status: Inactive
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Finance and Compliance Officer
CIFOR-ICRAF is currently seeking to fill several positions in The Asia Continental Program (ACP) for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for Trees Outside Forest in India (TOFI) program. The TOFI Program will run for five years – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2026) in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. Initial appointment will be for a period of one year with a probation period of 3 months for Local Positions. Contracts will be renewed every year during the 5 years’ duration of TOFI, based on performance, timely delivery, and continued relevance for the position. All these positions will be under CIFOR-ICRAF umbrella, and while contributing to TOFI’s implementation; hired staff will also be actively engaged in overall CIFOR-ICRAF program in India. The positions may continue beyond TOFI subjected to availability of placement and funding.
- Job Category: Locally Recruited Position,
- Remuneration package: INR 1,200,888 – 2,321,607 p.a.
- Cash Benefits: Base salary, House rent allowance, fixed dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, children education allowance, etc
- Non-cash Benefits: The staff, spouse and two dependent children are entitled for in-patient medical health insurance policy; and for outpatient medical care (equivalent to one month salary plus fixed dearness allowance) for a calendar year
- Duty station: New Delhi, India with frequent travel within India
Duties and responsibilitiesThe Finance and Compliance Officer will be responsible for all aspects of financial and compliance management of the CIFOR-ICRAF Trees Outside Forests in India project (TOFI); working collaboratively to ensure compliance with CIFOR-ICRAF internal policies and procedures as well as USAID and Government of India (GOI) regulations. Working under the direction of the Chief of Party and the CIFOR-ICRAF Asia Administrator. The FCO will be responsible for all grant, financial accounting and budget compliance functions in the program in line with CIFOR-ICRAF, USAID and GoI policies, procedures and regulations ensuring that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Summary of responsibilities
- Preparation and management of annual budget of the USAID-TOFI.
- Monitor the budget spent according to the program of work
timelines, conduct periodic (quarterly) budgetary analysis and report to the
CoP and Finance & Administrative Officer-India on expenditure trends,
budgetary corrections, if required.
- Manage the USAID periodic financial closing and annual
finalization process as per the USAID reporting guidelines and cut-off dates.
- Maintain and enhance internal controls over financial transactions
for USAID-TOFI, and ensure that all project offices comply with all local
fiduciary and legal procedures and laws of the land.
- Ensure timely tax deduction at source from the staff salary,
consultants and suppliers.
- Ensure timely deposit of withheld tax with the government
- Review the financial entries and approve in OCS. Monitor monthly
TOFI financial closing and annual finalization of TOFI accounts.
- Management of cash advances (if any) to associated collaborating
institutions /partners and staff personnel as per CIFOR-ICRAF Policy.
- Accurate and timely submission of financial report to the USAID.
- Ensure the application of internal controls and checks and
- Arranging audit schedules and getting the accounts audited by
- Attend to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF
Education, knowledge and experience
- An accounting qualification from a professional accounting body .e.g. ACCA, CIMA and CPA, and/or BCom - Accounting/Finance is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive financial management experience, with supervisory responsibilities required.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Hindi is required.
- Grants management with understanding of USAID grant regulations for a period not less than 5 years.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing financial documents and processes, interpreting USAID grant requirements and synergizing with Institutional, Government of India instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis.
- Financial reporting and presentation with proven ability to synthesize technical financial data into informative reports.
- Demonstrable ability to assess alternatives and make decisions to mitigate risk is essential.
- Strong book-keeping skills.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Prior management experience with strong organizational skills to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively within diverse teams in a sensitive environment.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position.
- Duration of the contract: One year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary.
- Based on the performance/ competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three reference through CIFOR-ICRAF career page
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
- Candidates should mention the position and location (if applicable) they are applying in the cover letter.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers, https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf, https://www.cifor-icraf.org/careers
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 23 Dec-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Consultant - GLF Speakers Coordinator (Consultancy)
Senior Project Officer (Local Position)
Internship to update the International Database on REDD+ Projects and Programs - Linking Economics, Carbon and Communities (ID-RECCO) (Internship)
Research Officer – Financial and Economics Analyst (Local Position)
Human Resources Officer, Compensation and Benefits (Local Position)
Head of FACT Dialogue Secretariat (Global Position)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; Nairobi, Kenya; OR other CIFOR-ICRAF locations
Global Conferences and Events Outreach Manager (Consultancy)
Bogor, Indonesia; Bonn, Germany; or Nairobi, Kenya
- Preparation and management of annual budget of the USAID-TOFI.