Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
OverviewThe Internal Auditor, under the leadership of the Director of Internal Audit will carry out a comprehensive programme of risk based internal auditing with the aim of bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, internal control systems and governance processes at CIFOR-ICRAF. S/he will ensure successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. S/he will supervise on a need basis the work of external consultants, temporary staff or interns within IAU.
Duties and responsibilities
Audit Policy Implementation
- Perform risk assessments of
CIFOR-ICRAF’s operations and execute audits of internal controls and Centre activities
in accordance with these risk assessments.
the highest professional standards and compliance with the guidelines of the
Institute of Internal Auditors.
2. Conducting audits, investigations and supervising the work of
- Review CIFOR-ICRAF’s processes,
programmes, units and country offices to ensure that they are being conducted
in a manner that efficiently and effectively meets the objectives of the
the effectiveness of the risk management function and assist in the continuous
development/improvement of the same.
the effectiveness of all levels of management in the stewardship of the
Centre’s resources and their compliance with established policies and
and advise on the adequacy of the operating and existing policies and
the effectiveness of internal control systems put in place by management and
recommend improvements where necessary.
and report on the Centre’s compliance with various legal frameworks.
out special audits, investigations or other related audit tasks as directed by
the Director of Internal Audit.
adequate relations with all CIFOR-ICRAF units and country offices. Present
audit findings and recommendations in a way that audited staff/functions/country
offices see the value added on each assignment.
there is a special assignment performed by an expert consultant (e.g. audit of
Occupational Health and Safety, Research, Communication audit) the Internal
Auditor should be able to supervise the work of the expert consultant to
confirm compliance with the TOR and inform the Director of Internal Audit of
the work of the temporary staff or interns within IAU.
and coordinate the work of other consultants as directed by the Director of
- Leading audit entry and exit meetings
and updating management on the areas of focus.
auditee/client needs and expectations. Assist in the preparation of a
risk-based annual audit plan.
formal, coherent, concise and timely written audit reports on the audit
findings, observations and practical recommendations for areas requiring
and concisely present a summary of the audit report to management for information
and clarification purposes.
audit follow up of recommendations
4. Decision Making
- Determining audit activities to achieve
engagement objectives in liaison with the Director, Internal Audit Function
effective approaches to analyze data and information
ways to communicate with individual internal and external stakeholders when
required to achieve maximum impact in relation to the positioning of the
Internal Audit Function vis-a-vis its strategy
to the internal audit processes, approaches, and tools
to audit plans associated with changing and/or emerging risks
Management and Supervision
- Managing administrative activities of
Manager/Administrator for the Lighthouse anonymous reporting platform
- Be a
good steward of the resources of the Internal Audit unit.
coach, supervise and appraise temporary staff/interns as and when the unit
requires their services.
and report on the unit’s budget to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Perform any
other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Internal Audit.
Education, knowledge and experience
- University level academic qualification in Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field will be an added advantage.
- Highly developed skills in written and verbal communication in English. Should have proven ability to prepare and present logical and succinct written reports.
- A professional qualification as CA, CPA, ACCA, CIA or CFE.
- Experience with Pentana/MK Insight/TeamMate (audit software) is a plus.
- An Information Systems Auditing qualification (CISA, CISM or equivalent) is highly desirable
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as an external auditor in a recognized external audit firm or as an internal auditor in a recognized company or organization. Experience auditing INGOs is a plus.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of internal control and risk management frameworks and concepts.
- Good understanding of the ethical framework for internal auditors in relation to workplaces.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team and to effectively supervise the work of others.
- Very good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment.
- Ability and flexibility to travel internationally.
- Uphold the highest professional standards and compliance with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Terms and conditions
- This is a locally recruited position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia. To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 20 Dec-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Global Position)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Youth in Landscapes Network Intern (Internship)
Consultant for Practical and Technical Concepts of Reduced Impact Logging in Democratic Republic of Congo (Consultancy)
Yanonge Village, Democratic Republic of the Congo