Job status: Inactive
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Home-based
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Digital Content Consultant
OverviewThe Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on integrated land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement. The Forum takes a holistic approach to create sustainable landscapes that are productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient and considers five cohesive themes of food and livelihoods, landscape restoration, rights, finance and measuring progress. It is led by the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), in collaboration with its co-founders UNEP and the World Bank and Charter Members.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Communications Coordinator and the Global Webmaster, manage content of the GLF digital platforms ensuring that all content is up to date and consistent.
- Work with digital marketing, social media, communications, and web team and contribute to the design and implementations of web strategy, social media strategy, advertising, digital campaigns, competitions and events.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams and individuals on the development and placement of digital content as agreed with the supervisor.
- Coordinate and contribute to the technical aspects of webinars and digital summits
- Suggest innovative programs, analytical tools and add to the digital vision of GLF.
Education, knowledge and experience
- University degree in communications, development, international relations, environment, analytics or other related fields
- International experience with NGO or comparable organization an advantage
- Skills with blogging platforms such as Wordpress
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the strategic and innovative use of digital and social media for nonprofit or international organizations, preferably at a global level and including for global events
- Demonstrated familiarity with social listening tools and the rapidly evolving terminology
- Demonstrated familiarity analytical tools for analysis and monitoring
- Fluency in English. Demonstrated ability to write and edit high-quality and accessible English-language science communications materials, especially journalistic-style blogs, in a range of styles for a global audience (samples of unedited writing will be requested). Other major languages an asset
Personal attributes and competencies
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Responsive and measurable with any requests
- Strong client service approach
- Analytical, Resourceful, adaptable, self-directed team player
- Willingness to travel internationally for work for long periods from 1-3 months.
Terms and conditions
- This is a full-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is 11 months.
- Work locations: home-based, preferably in the Central European countries.To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careersTo learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.orgCIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 12 Jun-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (International Recruited Staff (IRS))
myCIFOR Operational Team Consultant (Consultancy)
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Team Leader, Climate Change, Energy and Low-Carbon Development (International Recruited Staff (IRS))
Bogor, Indonesia OR Nairobi, Kenya
Scientist (National Recruited Staff (NRS))
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo