Job Status: In-progress
Job Category: Consultancy
Duty Station: Home-based
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Consultant, GLF Ground Coordinator - Amazon
OverviewThe Global Landscape Forum (GLF) was first launched in 2013 by CIFOR with core partners, including UNEP, the World Bank and the Government of Germany. Meaningful engagement of youth and other typically marginalized stakeholders was a cornerstone of the GLF’s operation from the beginning.Today, the GLF is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on sustainable land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Paris Agreement on Climate Change.Building on a decade of successful conferencing during which we achieved the mainstreaming of the landscape approach, the GLF has evolved to five innovation areas each set up to help strengthen and enable decentralized local action toward ecosystem restoration. These include: 1) Creating a Digital Knowledge Commons (having reached a billion people in 185 countries); 2) Pioneering Youth Leadership (60,000, 160 countries); 3) GLF Learning Program (Landscape Academy (18,000 learners); 4) GLF Investment Case, sustainable finance and value chains; and 5) GLFx and GLF Communities of Practice. GLFx is our program to decentralize the Forum to create community-led GLF chapters and communities of practice. They are designed to carry out restoration and other activities (including advocacy) on the ground, while creating a learning hub at the national and subnational level.The GLF is supported by its Charter Members — 30 leading sustainable development organizations that invest in and co-create activities on the GLF platform and offer opportunities for intergenerational learning and exchange.The GLF is a place where a farmer can inform action, pathways and policies; where international organizations can learn from the private sector and vice versa; and where CEOs, community leaders, communicators and scientists can share, learn, connect and act together.From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes, to conserving and restoring peatlands, to supporting restoration in Africa, the Global Landscapes Forum has been at the cutting edge of hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment and for the achievement of the global climate agenda and the SDGs.Together we will create a global force to contribute to achieving the SDGs and the climate agenda by creating a positive vision of what we can do if we all work together. In 2021, the GLF will run GLF Amazon as one of its four major events.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate event logistics.
- Identify and provide review of potential partners and speakers.
- Liaise with selected partners on technical details as required.
- Provide support to organizing the conference.
- Coordinate development management of relevant budget items related to the events.
- Support development of stakeholder engagement and co-creation strategy for GLF Amazon and facilitate the multi-stakeholder process.
- Identify new partners, and support setting up new partnerships in the Amazon region, reaching out to individuals and organizations.
- Support knowledge management processes as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
- bachelor’s degree in communications, social science or fields relevant to one or more of the GLF themes and Sustainable Development Goals (master’s degree an advantage)
- at least one year of experience in implementing and evaluating complex projects, including (digital) conference management
- excellent understanding of the socioeconomic dynamics at play in the Amazon region, policy and governance processes within the region and the impact of international development and economic drivers within the region
- experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder processes, including working with IPLCs in the Amazon region (highly desired)
- knowledge of audio visual and multi-media (an advantage)
- ability to produce high quality written content in Portuguese and Spanish
- fluency in Spanish, Portuguese and English (other languages an advantage).
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- self-motivated, resourceful and energetic
- good networks and connections with key organizations and individuals in the greater Amazon region
- able to find creative solutions
- able to strategize at both macro and micro levels
- a team player with outstanding interpersonal communications skills
- outstanding diplomatic and negotiation skills
- proven ability to work well under pressure and to deliver to deadline
Terms and conditions
- This is a part-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be June – November 2021.
- Work locations: home-based, preferably in the Amazonas region.To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careersTo learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.orgCIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 22 May-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Various Location,
myCIFOR Operational Team Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Bogor, Indonesia
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
GLF Web Developer Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Bogor, Indonesia
GLF Youth Assistant Coordinator (Consultancy)
Based in Bonn, Stadt, Germany