Job status: Inactive
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
GLF Web Developer Consultant
OverviewThe Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest and only science-led multi-sectoral platform designed to produce and disseminate knowledge and accelerate action to build more resilient, climate-friendly, diverse, equitable and productive landscapes. The GLF platform connects diverse stakeholders; provides learning opportunities; gathers and shares knowledge; and accelerates action to produce positive, sustainable impact.
Duties and responsibilities
- GLFx sites
- Learning and Academy site
- Event sites
- News site (Landscapes News)
- Main site
- Community site.
- Build GLFx and GLF webpages.
- Work with GLFx API to list data on other sites and vice versa.
- Provide technical web support throughout 2021.
- Help with content setup and update.
Education, knowledge and experience
- a bachelor’s degree in web design, information technology, computer science, information technology, communications, or other relevant disciplines
- a minimum three years’ experience as a web developer role in fast-paced environment
- proficiency in Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) implementation
- experience in website development with programming and developing online applications/web-based applications
- experience using WordPress
- experience using API to retrieve and list data
- competence in database programming
- good knowledge in relevant Internet technologies and trends, such as security and logging systems.
Personal attributes and competencies
- ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and to take initiative, demonstrate innovation and exercise good judgment
- competency in personal organization, prioritization and accuracy, with the ability to work effectively under time pressures and manage multiple tasks
- good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment and to be an effective team player
- creative, and flexible to respond to changing requirements.
Terms and conditions
- This is a part-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be May 2021 – April 2022.
- Working location: Home-based, preferably in Indonesia. To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careers To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 15 May-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Senior Manager- Programs and Research (Global Position)
Senior Manager - Gender and Programs (Local Position)
Executive Assistant to Director General (Local Position)
Landscape facilitator (Local Position)
Driver – Cameroon (Local Position)
Project Coordinator CASEVE GTI (Local Position)
Monitoring and Evaluation Communication and Outreach Officer (Local Position)
Administrative and Logistics Assistant (Local Position)
Data Manager Digital Platform (Local Position)
Accountant (Local Position)
Office Attendant (Local Position)
Consultant - Research Fellow (2 Positions) (Consultancy)
Accountant – Payables (Local Position)
Call for Consultant - for the mapping of forestry research institutions of Central Africa (Consultancy)