Job Status: In-progress
Job Category: Consultancy
Duty Station: Home-based
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
GLF Partner Engagement Consultant
OverviewThe Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is a partnership initiative led by CIFOR through its GLF Team. The team is based in the new CIFOR office in Bonn, Germany and at CIFOR headquarters in Indonesia. The GLF Team is responsible for delivery on all GLF activities, and for expanding the GLF partnership and community. The GLF is the world’s largest intersectoral platform designed to examine knowledge, share experiences and accelerate action by communities as they invest in and move toward more resilient, climate-friendly, diverse, productive, equitable and, thereby, sustainable landscapes. Founded by CIFOR, UN Environment and the World Bank, and with core funding from the Government of Germany, the GLF is scaling up to engage one billion people in realizing their local priorities. At the same time, the GLF contributes significantly toward the overall achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and climate agenda. Since 2013, over 190,000 stakeholders from more than 7400 organizations and 185 countries have engaged with the GLF in person and online. Stakeholders range from community and Indigenous peoples’ organizations to finance, civil society, government, media and youth. The GLF is founded on four principles: connecting, sharing, learning and acting.Over the next years, the GLF will expand the discussion to a larger audience than ever before, and place communities at the Center of the conversation.The GLF is a place where a farmer can inform action, pathways and policies; where international organizations can learn from the private sector and vice versa; and where CEOs, community leaders, communicators and scientists can share, learn, connect and act together. From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes, to conserving and restoring peatlands, to supporting restoration in Africa, the GLF has been at the cutting edge in hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment, and for the achievement of global climate and SDGs.Together we will create a global force to contribute to achieving the SDGs and climate agenda by creating a positive vision of what we can do if we all work together.This year, GLF will be running two regional conferences: GLF Africa and GLF Amazon.
Duties and responsibilities
- research potential new partners, and build and maintain contact lists
- research relationship management tools and set up relationship management systems
- perform due diligence research
- research and identify potential sponsors
- support partner outreach and follow-up
- support internal communication relating to partners
- support strategic relationships as directed by GLF Engagement and Growth Coordinator for GLF Collaborative Platform and Conferencing activities (GLF Africa and GLF Amazon)
Education, knowledge and experience
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an academic field that is relevant to one or more of the GLF themes and Sustainable Development Goals – master’s degree preferred
- experience in partner engagement
- experience working with donors and international organizations
- excellent Internet and data research skills
- experience working with relationship management tools (Hubspot, Trello, other) and setting up related systems
- ability to produce high quality written content
- fluency in English essential, other languages (especially French, Spanish) an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- self-motivated, resourceful and energetic
- ability to find creative solutions
- a team player with outstanding interpersonal communications skills
- outstanding diplomatic and negotiation skills
- proven ability to work well under pressure and to deliver to deadline.
Terms and conditions
- This is a part-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be April – September 2021.
- Working locations: home-based, preferably in South America or Africa.To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careersTo learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.orgCIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 31 Mar-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Various Location,
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
Senior Scientist – Integrated Landscape Management (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bonn, Germany
Consultant for Data Algorithm and Programming for Wildlife Trade (Consultancy)
Based in Bogor, Indonesia
GLF Web Developer Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based, Indonesia