Job Status: In-progress
Job Category: Internship
Duty Station: Home-based
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Social Media Intern
OverviewCIFOR-ICRAF is seeking a Social Media Intern to support daily social media activities that will include content scheduling, monitoring and events coverage. As part of the internship program, the selected candidate will also have an opportunity to mobilize an online community of champions, and design and implement a social media campaign together with the global Communications, Outreach and Engagement Team.
Duties and responsibilities
- assist in the daily operations of CIFOR-ICRAF Social Media: scheduling, monitoring and events coverage for the following social networking sites: 1) Facebook; 2) Twitter; 3) LinkedIn; 4) Instagram; and 5) TikTok
- set up and mobilize online communities to support digital content promotions and foster a CIFOR-ICRAF Community of Champions
- design and implement a social media campaign for CIFOR-ICRAF
- inform the social media team of recent updates in and features of various digital platforms
- interact and coordinate with a dynamic and talented global communications and program team.
Education, knowledge and experience
- student or fresh graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s program in communications, journalism, international relations, advertising, media or related discipline
- experience in social media marketing, crowdsourcing, digital campaign design and mobilizing online communities
- experience in developing content for different social media platforms and formats
- fluency in English; working knowledge of Spanish or French also an asset.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- interest in the fields of environment, restoration or climate
- willingness to work flexible hours
- self-motivated, resourceful and energetic
- attention to detail
- a team player with great interpersonal communications skills.
Terms and conditions
- This is an internship opportunity for six months.
- CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. CIFOR will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided they comply with the local requirements for working at the posting location.
- CIFOR may provide the intern with a monthly stipend or living allowance. The stipend or living allowance provided to the intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for interns at CIFOR.
- Work location: Home-based.To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careersTo learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.orgCIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 03 Apr-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Various Location,
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
Senior Scientist – Integrated Landscape Management (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bonn, Germany
Consultant for Data Algorithm and Programming for Wildlife Trade (Consultancy)
Based in Bogor, Indonesia
GLF Web Developer Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based, Indonesia