Job Status: In-progress
Job Category: Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS)
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya or Bogor
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Human Resources Management Information Systems Specialist
OverviewThe position takes lead responsibility in implementation and maintenance of the Human Resource Information Management Systems (HRIS), as well as learning and development systems. It provides requisite support to data analytics and HR reporting. It also works closely with the Management Information Systems Team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with supervisor in the design, implementation and maintenance of HR Modules in One Corporate System (OCS).
- Provide technical support in the formulation and management of HR databases for efficient access across the organization.
- Provide on-the-job and formal training to HR data system users.
- Formulate and maintain tools to support reliable HR data management system.
- Coordinate global data management for timely and accurate information.
- In consultation with supervisor, provide solutions to effective data and documents archiving.
- Perform regular audits to ensure data and system integrity.
- Offer technical support to HR Key Business Users on HRIS.
- Provide input to management of the staff Cost of Employment for budgeting purposes.
- Maintain the HR collaborative platforms e.g. Intranet site, SharePoint, PowerBI reports and shared folders.
- Together with supervisor, develop data management strategies for optimal data integrity.
- Support the HR team in maintaining reporting metrics for predictive management analytics and decision making.
- Provide technical advice on use of technology and analytical tools to develop and analyze HR and other cross-functional data as needed.
- Contribute and coordinate monthly, quarterly and ad hoc HR reporting.
- Respond to data requests from HR and other organization functions.
- Take reasonable care of own occupational health and safety and that of others as obliged by CIFOR's and ICRAF’s Safety Policy; and cooperate with ICRAF in complying with requirements under any statutory health and safety provisions of relevant country laws.
- Identify and take action to mitigate potential risks within the work area.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
- bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Business Analytics or relevant field
- five years of experience in system or data management
- strong skills in process mapping and procedural documentation
- experience querying data, data interpretation and report generation
- experience in managing HRIS systems, reporting and data analytics
- strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- adept at queries, report writing and presentation of findings
- excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- ability to coordinate and manage confidential data professionally
- familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within HR and database structures.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for a period of 2 years, inclusive of a 6-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya or Bogor, Indonesia
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers or http://worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf/vacancies
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Mar-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Various Location,
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
PhD Position in Economics of Tropical Deforestation (Post Doctoral Fellow)
Senior Scientist – Integrated Landscape Management (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bonn, Germany
Research Officer on Sustainable Domestic Value Chains of Wildlife, Timber and Cocoa (Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Yaounde, Cameroon
Sustainable Finance Junior Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
GLF Social Media Junior Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
GLF Social Media Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
Compensation and Benefits Specialist (Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bogor, Indonesia