Job Status: In-progress
Job Category: Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS)
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya or Bogor
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Compensation and Benefits Specialist
OverviewThe position takes the lead in all initiatives related to compensation and benefits (C&B), ensuring compliance with all applicable statutory requirements and CIFOR-ICRAF Human Resource (HR) policies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all CIFOR and ICRAF staff have relevant insurance policies (i.e. medical; life; accidental death and dismemberment; long-term disability).
- Negotiate the premium with the insurance companies for national staff coverage.
- Ensure the benefits for group retirements and savings are paid according to CIFOR and ICRAF policy (e.g. family visit travel allowance, shipping entitlement, annual/sick leave, etc.).
- Coordinate and facilitate accurate and timely delivery of employer contributions and employee payroll deductions to respective employee welfare plan administrators and social security statutory bodies.
- Review the salary computation of locally recruited staff in all CIFOR-ICRAF locations, ensuring the payroll is correct and that payments are issued promptly.
- Maintain an oversight on global payrolls for compliance with government regulations related to social security and the Centers’ policy benefits provisions.
- Take reasonable care of own occupational health and safety and that of others as obliged by CIFOR's and ICRAF’s Safety Policy; and cooperate with ICRAF in complying with requirements under any statutory health and safety provisions of relevant country laws.
- Identify and take action to mitigate potential risks within the work area.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education, knowledge and experience
- bachelor of science degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with HR Certification
- five years of experience as a Compensation and Benefits Specialist or in a similar field
- good knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis process
- previous experience with labor market surveys
- adequate knowledge of current labor rules and regulations
- familiarity with various types of incentives and benefits.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- adept at queries, report writing and presentation of findings
- excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- ability to coordinate and manage confidential data professionally
- familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within HR and database structures.
Terms and conditions
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for a period of 2 years, inclusive of a 6-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya or Bogor, Indonesia
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers or http://worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf/vacancies
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Mar-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Various Location,
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
PhD Position in Economics of Tropical Deforestation (Post Doctoral Fellow)
Senior Scientist – Integrated Landscape Management (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bonn, Germany
Research Officer on Sustainable Domestic Value Chains of Wildlife, Timber and Cocoa (Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Yaounde, Cameroon
Sustainable Finance Junior Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
GLF Social Media Junior Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
GLF Social Media Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
Human Resources Management Information Systems Specialist (Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bogor, Indonesia