Job Status: In-progress
Job Category: Consultancy
Duty Station: Home-based
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
GLF Social Media Consultant
OverviewThe Global Landscapes Forum (GLF), the world’s largest multi-stakeholder platform on integrated landscapes, aims to create a movement of 1 billion people around productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient landscapes. Founded by CIFOR, the UN Environment Programme and the World Bank, with 30 charter members among the world’s leading development organizations, and core funding from the Government of Germany, the GLF operates from a Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. It focuses on five main themes: restoration, finance, rights, food and livelihoods, and measuring progress.Since 2013, over 200,000 stakeholders from more than 7000 organizations and 185 countries have engaged with the GLF in person and online. Stakeholders range from community and Indigenous peoples’ organizations to finance and civil society to government, media and youth. We have already reached almost 1 billion people online and through traditional media.The GLF is founded on four principles: connecting, sharing, learning and acting. It has produced global conferences in the following cities: Warsaw, Lima, London, Paris, Marrakech, Jakarta, Bonn, Washington DC, Nairobi, Katowice, Kyoto, New York, Accra and Luxembourg, as well as two large completely digital conferences in 2020. From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes to developing a gold standard for Indigenous peoples’ rights to supporting the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, the GLF has been at the cutting edge of hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment, and for the achievement of global climate and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage global strategy and branding for the GLF’s social media channels and social media team, coordinating closely with social media teams in Africa, Asia and Latin America, as well as charter members and boundary partners.
- Together with the communications team, plan and implement events, campaigns and launches.
- Define key performance indicators for social media, and measure and report on progress toward goals.
- Communicate with industry professionals, brand ambassadors, experts and influencers to build and manage a strong social media network.
- Monitor and analyze practices, trends and networks across media and social media to identify opportunities for strengthened engagement.
- Plan, implement and report on paid marketing activities.
- Provide training on social media to other members of the GLF and youth volunteers.
- Other tasks related to social media and events, as required by GLF management.
Education, knowledge and experience
- bachelor's degree in digital or social media marketing, journalism, communications, international relations) or in other related fields (master’s degree preferred)
- a minimum of five years of work experience in social media, digital communications or journalism
- proven expertise in managing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media business and marketing pages, as well as social media managing, listening and reporting tools
- demonstrated knowledge in growing global social media reach and increasing social media engagement
- experience with target audience and buyer persona research
- demonstrated familiarity with story development
- understanding of key performance indicators and web traffic metrics
- knowledge and passion for sustainability, environment and/or science communications
- experience in working in international development or environmental policy considered an asset
- flawless English speaker (other languages, especially French, Spanish, Indonesian, German, considered assets).
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- demonstrated experience coordinating and collaborating with a diverse team
- capacity to work both independently and as part of a multi-city, remote team
- ability to stay on top of the latest digital marketing trends
- excellent interpersonal communications and relationship-building skills to work effectively with a variety of people and personalities, members of the media, team members, donors, partners
- motivation to learn and work in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
- desire and ability to think critically and solve problems effectively
- ability to meet deadlines
- flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- self-motivated, deadline-oriented, resourceful and energetic
- ability to find creative solutions
- ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans
- ability to stay on top of the latest digital trends.
Terms and conditions
- This is a full-time consultancy position.
- Period of the consultancy is expected to be March – December 2021.
- Working locations: Home-based, preferably in Bonn, Germany.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Mar-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Various Location,
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
PhD Position in Economics of Tropical Deforestation (Post Doctoral Fellow)
Senior Scientist – Integrated Landscape Management (Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bonn, Germany
Research Officer on Sustainable Domestic Value Chains of Wildlife, Timber and Cocoa (Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Yaounde, Cameroon
Sustainable Finance Junior Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
GLF Social Media Junior Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
Human Resources Management Information Systems Specialist (Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bogor, Indonesia
Compensation and Benefits Specialist (Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Nairobi, Kenya or Bogor, Indonesia