Job Status: In-progress
Job Category: Consultancy
Duty Station: Home-based
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Spanish - English Translator
Overviewblogs and websites to corporate reports. These products are translated into multiple main languages (Indonesian, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese).In order to maintain high levels of quality science, disseminate it around the world and ensure its accessibility in different countries, CIFOR is recruiting a translator to work with the Information and Communications Group and review its English language products before release. The translator will help to ensure CIFOR’s editorial standards are applied correctly across all products.
Duties and responsibilities
Education, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in language interpretation and translation, communications or environmental, agriculture, forestry sciences or related fields.
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience working as a translator for international development organizations or similar
- Native speaker of English with excellent verbal and written skills in both Spanish and English
- A mastery of technical terminology in the fields of forestry and the environment
- Experience and ability to provide interpretation in a research setting
- Excellent spelling and grammar, and proofreading and editing skills
- Fundamental knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office and Internet tools
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to quality standards
- Have enthusiasm for acquiring knowledge
- Have high levels of sociocultural competence and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Be self-driven, self-directed, self-motivated and independent, particularly if working as a freelancer
- Have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take the initiative
Terms and conditions
- This is a part-time consultancy position.
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience.
- Working location: Home-based.To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careersTo learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at: https://www.cifor.orgCIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 06 Oct-2020
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (International)
Based in Various Location
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
French - English Translator (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
Research Consultant on Bioenergy for a Circular Economy in Peri-Urban Areas in Developing Countries (Consultancy)
Based in Bonn, Germany
Consultant for Facilitating the GML Project on the Sustainable and Profitable Management of Mangrove Fuelwood (Consultancy)
Based in Manoka, Cameroon
Communications Specialist (Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Bonn, Stadt, Germany
Consultant for the Assessment of a Project in Bioenergy Production on Degraded Land in Indonesia (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based, Indonesia
Field Project Facilitator (Consultancy)
Based in Bolgatanga, Ghana
Social Safeguards Consultant (Consultancy)
Based in Livingston, Zambia