Job Status: In-progress
Job Category: Consultancy
Duty Station: Home-based
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
French - English Translator
Overviewblogs and websites to corporate reports. These products are translated into multiple main languages (Indonesian, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese).In order to maintain high levels of quality science, disseminate it around the world and ensure its accessibility in different countries, CIFOR is recruiting a translator to work with the Information and Communications Group and review its English language products before release. The translator will help to ensure CIFOR’s editorial standards are applied correctly across all products.
Duties and responsibilities
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in environmental, agriculture, forestry or related fields
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience working as a French to English translator for international development organizations or similar
- Native speaker of English with excellent verbal and written skills in both French and English
- A mastery of technical terminology in the fields of forestry and the environment
- Experience and ability to provide interpretation in a research setting
- Excellent spelling and grammar, and proofreading and editing skills
- Fundamental knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office and Internet tools
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- An ability to use initiative in a variety of interesting contexts
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to quality standards
- Have enthusiasm for acquiring knowledge
- Have high levels of sociocultural competence and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Be self-driven, self-directed, self-motivated and independent, particularly if working as a freelancer
- Be creative and passionate about changing the world
- Have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take the initiative
Terms and conditions
- This is a part-time consultancy position.
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience.
- Working location: Home-based.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at: https://www.cifor.org
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 03 Oct-2020
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (International)
Based in Various Location
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
Full-Stack Web Developer (National Recruited Staff (NRS))
Based in Bogor, Indonesia
Consultant for Final Evaluation for CIFOR’s ‘A Global Comparative Study for achieving effective, efficient and equitable REDD+ results’ (Call for Research Partners)
Based in Home-based
Consultants for Data Collection for Stories of Change related to CIFOR’s Global Comparative Study on REDD+ (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based