Job Status: Inactive
Job Category: National Recruited Staff (NRS)
Duty Station: Bogor
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Full-Stack Web Developer
OverviewThe Full-Stack Web Developer is responsible for implementing front- and back-end development of all web assets including online and offline products such as websites, mobile apps and digital assets.
Duties and responsibilities
Education, knowledge and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in web design, information technology, computer science, information technology, communications, or other relevant disciplines
- 3-5 years’ experience in website design on high traffic sites
- An advanced website developer with proven experience working with common full stacks, including User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), database and web programming
- An expert in WordPress customization, with specific knowledge and experience with: ? WordPress 4.x to 5.x and Gutenberg block-editor customization ? Building WordPress plug-ins and widgets ? Building multi-language websites ? Search engine optimization ? Building social media marketing features
- Proficiency in Drupal and other open-source platforms an advantage
- Able to write and edit clean, well-structured, optimized and well-commented code, and manage source versioning with GitHub as part of a standard workflow
- Experience working in international development, especially in an NGO or international organization a strong advantage
- Fluent in English.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Ability to work independently, to multitask and prioritize
- A team player with outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to learn and excel in a high-performance team environment
- Strong client service approach
- Resourceful, creative and solution oriented.
Terms and conditions
- This is a locally recruited staff position.
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for a period of 1 year, inclusive of a 6-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careersTo learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at: http://www.cifor.orgCIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 15 Sep-2020
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (International)
Based in Various Location
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location
French - English Translator (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
Spanish - English Translator (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based
Research Consultant on Bioenergy for a Circular Economy in Peri-Urban Areas in Developing Countries (Consultancy)
Based in Bonn, Germany
Consultant for Facilitating the GML Project on the Sustainable and Profitable Management of Mangrove Fuelwood (Consultancy)
Based in Manoka, Cameroon