Job Status: Inactive
Job Category: Consultancy
Duty Station: Home-based,
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Consultant: Digital Content Marketing Specialist
OverviewWe are looking for someone with a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies who is able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution, with a particular emphasis on inbound, B-to-B marketing. We are looking for someone innovative, agile, proactive, ambitious and creative to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels, as well as to set up our social media channels effectively and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (currently non-existent). You will create compelling, digestible and clear in-bound marketing content and distribute it in strategic ways to garner significant interest that will be converted into hot leads that we can turn into deals with ethics-driven private sector companies that want to green their supply chains and adopt sustainable business practices that transform both lives and landscapes for the better. In addition to targeting private sector companies, you will also be responsible for coming up with strategies to engage private investors, including impact investors, as well as public sector donors in the environmental/sustainability spheres to facilitate partnerships and build funding streams for Resilient Landscapes. This role interfaces with leadership, sales, and external agencies to help ensure defined goals and objectives are achieved.Key Result Areas: • Establish Resilient Landscapes as a thought leader when it comes to science, agroforestry, forestry, tree crop commodities and transformative landscapes using digital marketing strategy/content/tools (You will be responsible for creating/writing the overall digital marketing strategy and spearheading its implementation) • Be instrumental in the official launch of Resilient Landscapes from a digital perspective; manage all social media and digital campaigns around its launch. • Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, and social media campaigns • Design, build and maintain our social media presence from scratch • Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) • Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies • Drive digital innovation and work with leadership to embed a digital-first strategy into its communications and outreach
Duties and responsibilities
- Set up a functional and modern CRM system that will become the organization’s database for both sales and newsletters/contact
- Oversee website UX development (in collaboration with development team) and maintain the website through its CMS; launch website in time for the launch of Resilient Landscapes
- Set up inbound B2B marketing funnels and campaigns across multiple marketing channels
- Create and manage all email-based marketing campaigns and online webinars
- Execute content calendars across all relevant channels (blog, web, and, ungated and gated content) to ensure deadlines are met
- Content creation: Strategically write and post blogs, case studies, social media posts, etc.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize content based on these insights
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting (website data and social media data), in addition to specific post-event digital performance reports (i.e. Launch event)
- Manage, oversee and execute the strategy of all social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
Education, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years proven working experience in digital marketing with comparable goals and responsibilities (marketing for a B2B company, preferred);
- Native English speaker (mother tongue) is mandatory. Proficiency in other languages preferred, but not essential;
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels;
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics);
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing inbound, marketing database, email, social media advertising campaigns;
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate;
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Self-motivated self-starter, solutions-driven, flexible and agile (ability to wear multiple hats and respond quickly to changing situations)
- Good team player
- Strong communications skills (written, oral, interpersonal)
Terms and conditions
- This is a full-time consultancy position.
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience.
- Working location: Home-based, preferably in Bali, Indonesia
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at: https://www.cifor.org
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 27 Jul-2020
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Apply this job Download
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (International)
Based in Various Location,
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Based in Various location,
Knowledge Hub Database Management Intern (Internship)
Based in Home-based,
GLF Social Media Intern (Internship)
Based in Home-based, preferably in Bonn, Germany
English – German Translator (Consultancy)
Based in Home-based, but preferably in Europe,