Job status: In-progress
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF began merging on January 1, 2019. They are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
myCIFOR Operational Team Consultant
OverviewmyCIFOR was established in 2013 with the idea of creating a centralized workspace for CIFOR’s business processes. myCIFOR consists of a series of stand-alone systems, each representing one business process. Since then, myCIFOR has developed into a more comprehensive, well-integrated system.myCIFOR provides a space, system infrastructure and technical support for all divisions, allowing them to equip other users with information relevant to their business processes. Through myCIFOR, information is shared and integrated with the aim of streamlining all business processes in CIFOR.The foundations of myCIFOR lie in policies, procedures, guidelines and reports that eventually feed myCIFOR with information.In 2020, the IS team will be required to support the CIFOR-ICRAF merger process where some changes will need to be carried out.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain the myCIFOR live and development environments, including back-up, performance tuning, installation and setup, licensing, and other related activities to servers;
- Provide support and services to myCIFOR users, including reports, questions, bug reports, and other support;
- Deploy solutions to the live environment;
- Participate in all System Information Team sessions on progress updates;
- Develop proper documentation to support the work of the Operational Team;
- Follow Information Systems Team procedures and standards in developing the system;
- Work closely with other team members to ensure myCIFOR and its system works with minimum down time.
Education, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a diploma in engineering (computer/telecommunications), computer science/information technology or equivalent;
- At least 1 year of working experience in a related field is required for this position;
- Experience in using .NET, C# is an advantage;
- Experience in developing systems using SQL servers (any version);
- Experience using source code management (TFS/GitHub) is a plus;
- Experience in an agile environment is a plus;
- Good knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Good personal organization and priority setting capabilities;
- Initiative, self-motivation, attention to detail, a fast learner, team player, willing to adapt, as well as the ability to work independently, and effectively as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work and interact with people effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Willing to work overtime if required.
Terms and conditions
- This is a full-time consultancy position.
- The period of the consultancy is expected to be from March 2020 until January 2021.
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
- The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careersTo learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at: https://www.cifor.orgCIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 31 Dec-2019
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
General Call for Applications - Science Roster (International Recruited Staff (IRS))
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster (Consultancy)
Team Leader, Climate Change, Energy and Low-Carbon Development (International Recruited Staff (IRS))
Bogor, Indonesia OR Nairobi, Kenya
Scientist (National Recruited Staff (NRS))
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
GLFx Community Engagement Consultant (Consultancy)
Nairobi, Kenya or Bonn, Germany
GLFx Communications Project Consultant (Consultancy)
Nairobi, Kenya or Bonn, Germany