The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
IT Service Desk Administrator
The Service Desk Administrator’s role is to organize service desk function, which provides a single point of user contact for all problems and inquiries regarding IT services, and to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance with high levels of customer service. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of all support requests and the monitoring, tracking, communication and coordination of the service desk function.
Duties and responsibilities
2. Maintains database of problems and utilize service desk staff to research and solve problems. Analyzes and verify statistical information in the database to ensure proper customer service and performance reporting;
3. Performs service desk duties, including:
- Respond to user questions and inquiries via telephone, email, web and other communication methods
- Service Desk dispatcher
- Provide first-line technical support and solve the basic and more advanced routine user hardware and software problems or questions
- Coordinate timely repair of computer equipment that involves third-party vendor agreements
- Communicate with users – keep them informed of request progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
4. Perform IT administration by collecting documentation from other subunits and store it in the repository.
Education, knowledge and experience
• bachelor degree in computer science or related field;
• a minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience performing help desk/operation functions;
• proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8) and server technologies (Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory). Experience in Macintosh is an advantage;
• proficiency in the operation and use of personal computers, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database management software programs (Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari), websites and email systems (Microsoft Outlook);
• advanced knowledge and understanding of networking and personal computer hardware;
• good working knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• a friendly disposition and good customer service skills in order to clearly and effectively communicate technical situations to non-technical personnel;
• ability to understand and respond to user questions in an effective and courteous manner;
• proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
• ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities;
• experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience;
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources;
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 07 Apr-2018
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.