Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Developers for Web Portal
Duties and responsibilities
- Expertise in developing web-based platforms (Dashboard) and decision support tools.
- Develop a sophisticated web-based platform and/or update the existing one
- Working knowledge of API development and comprehensively displaying its data on the dashboard.
- Be responsible for complete front-end and back-end development & maintenance.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and implement them into the current code base.
- Any other work related to the project implementation assigned by the supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
- B.Tech. OR B.E. OR MCA OR M.Sc. with (IT OR CS) OR MS in Software Systems
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in software development OR Website Development etc., with the experience of the complete lifecycle of web application development.
- Working experience in designing good websites/ portal projects with Asp.net, C# and good knowledge of SQL Database.
- Strong knowledge of OOPS Concepts
- Knowledge of Photoshop will also be added advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Working experience in Web API and web services is preferable. Must understand Web Services Protocols such as REST, SOAP, and API design for extensibility and portability. Knowledge of the integration of API is essential.
- Development, implementation plans and decision-making.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relational skills.
- Strong skills in conceptualization, communication, and reporting.
Terms and conditions
- Duration of the contract: One-year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience. An early joiner is preferred for this position.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary. Income tax will be deducted as per prevailing income tax laws.
- Based on the performance/competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- The application deadline is 21 January 2023.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three references.
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
- We will acknowledge all applications but will only contact short-listed candidates.
To apply, please send your application on email “email@example.com” Please insert the following: Application for Developers for Web Portal in the subject of your email).
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Application processThe application deadline is 21 Jan-2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Another open position
Bioinformatic and Software Developer (Local Position)
Senior Market Intelligence Specialist (Local Position)
Senior Research Analyst (Local Position)
GLF Youth Program Officer (Consultancy)
Home-based, preferably in CEST time zone
Resource Mobilization Coordinator (Global Position)
Nairobi, Kenya (preference); or Abidjan, Ivory Coast; or Yaoundé, Cameroon
Social and Behavioral Change Technical Advisor Wild Meat Disease Risk Reduction Consultant (Consultancy)
Negotiable, preferably candidate who can work from any location in Cameroon.
Legal Associate- Kenya (Local Position)