Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), in collaboration with Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM), is looking for:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment (MEIA) Specialist
The MEIA Specialist provides institution-wide guidance to project planning, designs and implements evaluations of projects, promotes synthesis and dissemination of findings and ensures quality of products.
Summary of responsibilities
Key Result Area:
- Work with CIFOR scientists to assess and summarize policy implications of CIFOR projects, and disseminate the findings,
- For selected projects (e.g. on climate change mitigation, implementation of forest property rights reforms, corporate observance of zero deforestation pledges) guide the design of project protocols that ensure engagement of key audiences in project design and uptake of project findings in policy reform processes,
- Contribute to the overall portfolio of the MEIA team, including but not limited to developing training materials and conducting workshops in support of CIFOR’s Theory of Change model.
- Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of foresight models to assess the potential impact of CIFOR Projects,
- Design and implement internal ex post evaluations of CIFOR Projects,
- Contribute to the development and testing of new impact evaluation approaches appropriate for policy-oriented projects,
- Monitor progress of CIFOR Projects in achieving outcomes and impacts,
- Assist scientists with development, design and planning of projects so as to achieve outcomes and impacts,
- Develop training materials and facilitate workshops to promote more direct uptake of Project findings into policy reforms.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Doctorate degree in economics or other quantitative social sciences. Comparable related experience may substitute for a doctorate degree,
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in evaluation/impact assessment. Experience in partial/general equilibrium modelling is desirable. Experience working in an organization and/or in developing countries is preferred.
- Good publications record.
- Proficiency in English. Proficiency in other international languages is an advantage.
- Open to citizens of EU member states
Terms and Conditions
- Varied tasks, which you will be expected to carry out self-responsibly in an international environment
- Cooperation with other development cooperation organisations
- Professional preparation for your assignment abroad
- Local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years – contract may be extended
- Attractive monthly top-up payments in addition to local salary and social benefits
- The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
- The application deadline is 15 January 2016
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
To apply, please go to CIM Website here:
http://www.cimonline.de/de/bewerber/1716.asp?beesite=_6e262223670c0552250de796d20904cc07d8ab65c05de251 and copy CIFOR HR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telefon: +49-(0)6196 – 79 – 3578