The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Team Support Assistant
Communications, Outreach and Engagement is one of the three pillars in CIFOR Strategy for 2015-2025. The Team Support Assistant, COE, will provide the general secretarial and administration support within the COE division. Serving as general affairs administrator of the division, working closely with and under the supervision of the Director of COE, the Team Support Assistant will work with the multicultural team of communications staff and consultants to support COE with the implementation of the global communications program.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Director of COE, Team Leaders and COE team’s activities and agenda;
- Conduct all Director’s administrative arrangements (e.g. requisition forms, Travel arrangements, book meeting rooms);
- Prepare weekly highlights of the Director of COE activities and supporting documents;
- Assist the Director to track COE budget expenditures, consultants rosters and fees, and general administrative expenditures in close coordination with the relevant COE staff members;
- In the absence of the Director, ensure that incoming correspondence is adequately dealt with by replying directly to requests, notifying the absent Director, or directing to alternate COE staff members;
- Maintain Director contacts database and oversee a sub-database to monitor and respond to requests for information from outside CIFOR;
- Maintain the filing system (digital and hardcopies) by ensuring that all in-coming and out-going material is assigned to the appropriate reference number, deposited in the correct files, and also keeping an up-to-data record of files;
- Compose replies to routine inquiries or forward to appropriate COE staff members to take action with the approval of the Director;
- Assist in the planning and organization of public affairs events;
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Diploma in secretarial, administration or other related fields;
• A minimum of five years of experience in secretarial duties;
• Knowledge of administrative standards and practices;
• Knowledge of finances is an advantage;
• Knowledge of project management and process lifecycles;
• Fluent written and spoken English, good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, Internet and other relevant office applications;
• Knowledge of CIFOR procedures is an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Has ability to manage multiple priorities;
• Has initiative, capable of working independently and as an effective team player;
• Has Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
• Has Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals;
• Well organized and efficient.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position;
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience;
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources;
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.
To apply, please visit our career site at
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 09 Dec-2017
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.