The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Webmaster – Global Landscapes Forum
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) enhances well-being and environment for all by putting people first and with the understanding that:
• Communities (people acting together) drive change,
• Landscapes are complex and require flexible solutions, and
• Local collective consciousness and solutions can fulfill global goals.
The GLF is the world’s largest inter-sectoral platform designed to examine knowledge, share experiences and accelerate action by communities as they invest in and move towards more resilient, climate friendly, diverse, productive, equitable and, thereby, sustainable landscapes. Founded by CIFOR, UN Environment, and The World Bank, and with core funding provided by the German Government, the Global Landscapes Forum is scaling-up to engage one billion people in realizing their local priorities, while at the same time contributing significantly towards the overall achievement of the sustainable development goals and climate agenda. Since 2013, over 25,000 stakeholders from more than 3,000 organizations and 110 countries have engaged with the GLF both in person and online, with stakeholders from community and indigenous people’s organizations, finance, civil society, government, media and the youth (insert hyperlinks). The GLF Community of Landscapes is founded on four principles: connecting, sharing, learning and acting. Our vision considers people first and recognizes that people acting together drive change.
Over the next four years, with the support of core funding from the German government and with the support of core, co-founding partners, such as UN Environment and the World Bank, the GLF will expand the discussion to a larger audience than ever before, and place communities at the center of the conversation. This event will challenge global influencers to react, expand, and scale-up actions required to build sustainable landscapes.
The GLF is a place where a farmer can inform action, pathways and policies; where international organizations can learn from the private sector and vice versa; and where CEOs, community leaders, communicators and technologists can share, learn, connect and act together.
From building the investment case for sustainable landscapes, to protecting peatlands, to supporting restoration in Africa, the GLF has been at the cutting edge in hosting and facilitating all manner of discussions to accelerate positive action for people, for the environment, and for the achievement of global climate and sustainable development goals.
Together we will create a global force to achieve the SDGs and climate agenda by creating a positive vision of what we can do it we all work together.
This role offers the opportunity of a fast-paced and rapidly growing program. With CIFOR’s and GLF’s wide variety of content and output formats, the Webmaster will be able to help innovate and improve our products and services in a creative and dynamic way.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Editorial and Multimedia Services Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the development and maintenance of GLF’s main website and its derivative sites as the result of the transformation process, including a community-based site, news site, educational site and event management site. The Webmaster will manage incoming requests and organize the team priorities and workflow accordingly. The Webmaster is also responsible for working directly with the Outreach team, CIFOR scientists, and others to plan and manage content creation and updates in a timely and effective manner.
Details of the responsibility are as follow:
- Serve as primary contact for web task requests;
- Day-to-day tracking and management of client requests and regular content updates;
- Assist the GLF team to plan and coordinate new web products and services;
- Assess client and organizational needs to provide optimal solutions;
- Consult with clients and provide deadlines and costing for project requests;
- Plan, implement and manage web-based projects;
- Provide advice and recommendations to clients and managers on best practices;
- Manage the reporting and analysis of web statistics and metrics;
- Liaise with hosting providers and IT team to manage servers and domain ownership;
- Serve as technical lead for troubleshooting and day-to-day site maintenance, including establishing and managing regular security and optimization procedures.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor degree in computer science, web design, or related discipline
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in website development on high-traffic, large-scale sites, with a minimum of 1 year managerial experience;
• Strong experience in managing website infrastructure and platform, including web hosting and web servers management, website platforms installation, optimization and troubleshooting;
• Good MySQL knowledge;
• Able to write and edit clean, well-structured and well-commented code, and manage source versioning with GitHub or SVN as part of a standard workflow;
• Strong project management skills;
• Participation in open-source projects would be an asset;
• International experience, especially in the NGO or international development field, a strong advantage;
• Fluent in English.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Have initiative and capable of working independently as well as in team environments
• Strong client service approach
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and positively interact with people in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment – including CIFOR staff, management and external contractors/suppliers
• Ability in personal organization, planning, priority setting and managing multiple tasks
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position;
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience;
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources;
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.
To apply, please visit our career site at
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 28 Oct-2017
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.