The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Team Support Assistant
Sustainable Landscapes and Food Systems are the core issues in CIFOR’s Strategy for 2015-2025. A action plans include integration of diverse communities of practice in the sustainable landscapes debate, which will be achieved by reconciling the principles of multi-functionality with the practice of managing sustainable landscapes for food security, nutrition and other benefits; and increased policy recognition of the need to better integrate the forestry and agricultural sectors, which will be achieved by using the landscape approach as the convening factor.
The Team Support Assistant (TSA) will be part of the Sustainable Landscapes and Food Systems (SLF) team and will perform a variety of tasks contributing to both project management and research support.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of responsibilities
Under the supervision of the SLF Team Leader, the TSA will provide effective and efficient administrative and secretarial support. These require substantial initiative and judgment in supporting CIFOR’s project management systems and databases. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Administrative Support:
- Provide admin support to all members in the SLF team;
- Arranging the event calendar and agenda for the SLF Team Leader;
- Organizing conferences, workshops, meetings and internal meetings of the SLF Team and represent CIFOR as appropriate at exhibitions stands, booths, etc.;
- Developing and renewing consultant, intern, fellow and partner contracts in collaboration with Human Resources Unit;
- Assisting in making travel arrangements and processing the trip report and expense claim in collaboration with the Information System and Finance Team;
- Assisting in arranging logistics for fieldwork;
- Managing and maintaining filing and database system;
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail/email; and
- Maintaining office supplies.
2. Project administration and research support:
- Formatting research papers and presentations based on the template provided by Communication Outreach and Engagement Team;
- Assisting with media, communication and other coverage in collaboration with the COE Team;
- In collaboration with HR, coordinate procurement of research permits and other documentation where necessary;
- Assisting with the procurement of inventories in collaboration with the Administration Unit by filing the inventory documents and monitoring the history of the inventories;
- Submitting papers through online journal portals and disseminate publications; and
- Coordinating open-access agreements for journal publication.
3. Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
• A diploma or degree in secretarial, administration or other related fields;
• A minimum of three years of experience in project administration and/or secretarial work.
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Competent in personal organization and setting priority, with an ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities;
• Capable of working both independently and as an effective team player;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
• Proactive, target-driven and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six-month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.
To apply, please visit our career site at
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
Application processThe application deadline is 10 Sep-2017
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.