The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Editorial and Multimedia Officer
The Editorial and Multimedia Services team requires a coordinator to handle the planning and coordination of publication requests that involve writing, editing, proof-reading, type-setting and translation rosters and tasks, and photography, video and web services requests. The Editorial and Multimedia Officer will assist with events coordination, workflow management, hiring processes, procurement and contracting, new editorial and multimedia staff orientation, as well as assisting Editorial and Multimedia Services Manager and team with daily administrative tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of responsibilities
1. Work closely with COE Secretary and Finance in the tracking, monitoring and monthly reporting of budgets and expenditures for consultants.
2. Prioritize weekly work deliverables received by assigning, tracking and reporting on work orders received. Provide weekly updates to COE team and internal clients during weekly meetings and maintain updates in the workflow software.
3. Administer contract extensions for Editorial and Multimedia consultants, and ensure all payments are processed on a timely manner following the agreed terms of payments specified in the contracts
4. Act as the central clearinghouse for managing relationships with consultants and suppliers of multimedia services e.g. writing, editing, translation, graphic design, web development, photo/video services, etc. Specific tasks include the following:
- Act as the focal person between internal clients and COE consultants for the writing, editing, proof-reading, type-setting, translation, photography, video and web services.
- To review and proof-read documents translated in Bahasa
- Maintain and update CIFOR’s roster of consultants (spreadsheet)
- Initiate and formalize agreements for each assignment
- Ensure all suppliers are provided with accurate guidelines for each assignment
- Provide estimates and quotations for work requests
- Monitor the progress of assignments to ensure timely deliveries by consultants
- Carry out testing and assessment processes for new roster hires
- Assess availability, assign work and manage transmission of documents to and from roster consultants
5. Coordinate deliverables and cross-multimedia projects with each group within Multimedia. This includes checking the list of publications plan submitted by projects and overseeing the process from initiation until the payment processing.
6. Act as first point of contact for client queries and requests
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, social sciences, economics, administration or a related field;
• At least 5 years in a fast-paced administrative role in a non-profit or research organization an asset;
• High level of communications skills, client service abilities, proficient with MS Office package and office technology, knowledge of publishing practices and experience in editing and proof-reading various documents in Bahasa
• Fluent in English and Bahasa.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Highly organized and efficient;
• Attention to detail;
• Knowledge of project management and process lifecycles;
• Have initiative and capable of working independently as well as an effective team player;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position;
• CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience;
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six month probation period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources;
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor.
Application processThe application deadline is 16 May-2017
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.