The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Senior Project Officer
Under the supervision of the Team Leader-PMC, the Senior Project Officer will provide effective and efficient support, coordination and management of CIFOR’s projects implementation activities. This will require: substantial initiative and judgment; understanding of CIFOR’s systems, policies and procedures; and close collaboration with Team Leaders, Project Managers, Finance, Human Resources, Team Supports, Resource Development and Partnerships, and CIFOR’s partners
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with Legal Officer to develop partnership agreements and amendments with partners and collaborators in close consultation with project managers and in compliance with CIFOR’s policies and procedures,
- Work closely with project managers to ensure timely technical reporting and deliverables, including from partners and to funders in compliance with CIFOR’s policies and funder’s guidelines,
- Provide support in managing all business processes related to project management system under the responsibility of PMC, such as submission of project start-up, project tracking, and project closure,
- Work closely with Project Management Support Officer to ensure accurate and timely update of project data in Project Management System,
- Liaise with finance for timely and accurate project budget to support project managers for efficient budget management,
- Maintain and monitor PMC project database,
- Coordinate and compile supporting documents and/or CIFOR’s information for various project activities, including but not limited to submission of concept notes, proposals, auditor visit and enhancement of CIFOR’s website and/or project websites,
- Liaise with partners and collaborators on the financial and technical obligation, invoice and payment process,
- Facilitate effective communication within the project team as well as to other team to strengthen the coordination of project activities implementation,
- Provide back-up support to fellow Senior Project support Officers as necessary,
- Assist with other related responsibilities within PMC, as required.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields is required. Master’s degree preferable,
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project administration and management, proven experience in international project, financial management as well as human resources policies and procedures,
• Excellent written and spoken English,
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Excellent skills in organizing and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities,
• Initiative and ability to work independently and effectively as a part of a team
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment,
• Experience in working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals,
• Proactive, target-driven, and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a nationally recruited staff (NRS) position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience,
• The appointment is for 2 years, inclusive 6 months probationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources,
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia
Application processThe application deadline is 21 Oct-2016
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.