The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
HR Officer-Recruitment and Staffing Development
The Human Resources (HR) Officer will perform and execute activities relating to recruitment, staff training and development, and performance management processes, in accordance with CIFOR policies and the HR system database
Duties and responsibilities
1. Recruitment Activities
a) Execute and manage recruitment activities, and ensure that recruitment is in compliance with the HR Policy Manual.
b) Manage all recruitment activities and perform the following:
- Serve as a focal person in the CIFOR recruitment system (ZOHO and HR Screening);
- Prepare vacancy announcements for staff, consultancy and internship positions, and advertise effectively in the relevant job boards;
- Liaise with external parties relevant to recruitment activities, i.e. advertising agencies, recruitment agencies etc.;
- Review applications and provide a long/short-list to client offices upon request by the hiring manager;
- Arrange and assist in job interviews;
- Serve as an HR representative in the recruitment process; draft selection and recommendation memos for hiring managers;
- Recommend and arrange the use of additional selection tools, such as written tests, presentations, etc.;
- Ensure all recruitment documents of successful candidates are completed as per the HR Policy Manual; check references, medical checks and profiling tests, if needed;
- Manage correspondence in the HR recruitment email inbox, respond to queries on a timely basis;
c) Maintain and update recruitment reports regularly;
d) Prepare payment processes related to recruitment costs;
2. On-Boarding, Training and Development
a) Manage onboarding for new staff, ensure orientation schedules are properly completed for all new staff members on a timely basis;
b) Assist supervisors in analyzing training needs (based on staff performance, contracts or the needs of the organization);
c) Assist in reviewing training proposals and training providers;
d) Provide guidance to new staff related to in-house training;
e) Track and record staff training activities within the year, including course certificates;
f) Ensure logistical arrangements are in order for training activities organized by HR (including in-house training).
3. Performance Management Process
a) Assist staff with performance management system procedures;
b) Monitor and record staff Performance Contracts and Performance Appraisals;
c) Highlight to supervisors any issues related to staff performance;
d) Compile staff performance ratings reports for management analysis.
4. HR Database
a) Serve as a focal point for the HR database (HR4U, Onboarding, spreadsheets);
b) Maintain and update the HR database (i.e. new hires, departures, contract extensions, ad hoc updates of personal data);
c) Prepare regular HR staff data reporting.
a) Positively contribute to the knowledge transfer and knowledge sharing initiatives of the HR department, and to the development and documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and working practices to facilitate continuous improvement;
b) Support the HR team in the development/improvement of HR automated systems and databases;
c) Provide support to regional/project offices, especially on recruitment, training and development activities, and other HR-related issues.
d) Assist in the resolution of employee relations matters to ensure good, balanced and healthy working relationships within CIFOR.
e) Assist and support other HR team members, and execute various ad hoc assignments as designated by the Supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
• A degree in human resources or related field with 5 years’ experience in a similar position. Demonstrated experience in successfully dealing with human resources issues and using current HR systems and practices. Previous experience in an international or multinational organization is preferred.
• Familiarity with contract services processes is an advantage.
• Excellent spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Have high integrity and the ability to exercise good judgment;
• Attention to detail;
• Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
• Show initiative and be capable of working independently and as an effective team player;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and positively interact with people in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
• Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, set priorities, plan and organize
Terms and Conditions
• Nationally recruited position;
• Competitive remuneration in Indonesian Rupiah commensurate with skills and experience;
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six-month probationary period with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources;
• The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia
Application processThe application deadline is 09 Sep-2016
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.