The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
Global Landscape Forum Social Media Intern
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) takes the lead in organizing the Global Landscapes Forum, supported by a small group of Coordinating Partners (including UNEP and the World Bank) and backed a broad partnership of over 200 organizations and government bodies active in land use sectors.
Since its inception in 2013, the Global Landscapes Forum has turned into the world’s foremost science-led platform for policy makers, researchers, development practitioners and representatives from civil society, finance and the corporate sector to exchange expertise and best case examples around land use decision making. The Forum focuses on finding cross-sectoral solutions to the world’s most pressing problems – fighting climate change, poverty and food insecurity while protecting the planets ecosystems and biodiversity.
Following the adoption of Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement in 2015, the Global Landscapes Forum will transition from a platform focused on policy advice to one focused on action on the ground and tracking progress towards these new climate and development goals. The Forum will be based on the pillars of annual and thematic events, the Youth in Landscapes Initiative, the science committee and year-long online engagement.
Duties and responsibilities
• Manage GLF’s social media platforms on a day-to-day basis;
• Closely track metrics and monitor social media trends;
• Reach out to and engage a wide network of social media partners;
• Identify emerging trends and new social media formats;
• Support draft of GLF’s social media strategy;
• Implement GLF’s social media strategy in close cooperation with the GLF and CIFOR COE teams as well as partners;
• Support strategic expansion of GLF’s social media network and reach;
• Support social media outreach accompanying events;
• Support development of innovative approaches and projects for increasing social media reach (for example competitions, quizzes etc.).
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field;
• Experience in online outreach;
• Good understanding of social media and website metrics;
• Understanding of international development or environmental policy is an asset;
• Excellent written and spoken English. Other languages (esp. French, Spanish, Indonesian, and German) will be an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Self-motivated, resourceful and energetic;
• Able to find creative solutions;
• A team player and have outstanding interpersonal communications skills;
• Proven ability to work well under pressure.
Terms and Conditions
• This is an internship opportunity. The assignment is for 9 months,
• The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 07 Apr-2016
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.