Government plays a key role in establishing land and forest tenure laws and in supporting related access, rights and use. This can lead to resource protection and set incentives for investors to promote the growth of sustainable small and medium enterprises.
Potential discussion topics:
- Enhancing access of local communities to forest land and resources
- Social forestry, community-based wood production and inclusive business models
- Economic opportunities from community forest management
- Women’s rights and gender in forestry
- Ways to promote sound land-use planning, clarifying tenure and use rights