Knowledge generated by forestry research organizations has the potential to make a real, lasting and positive impact on the world.
But getting that knowledge into the right hands, in the right format, with the right tools and at the right time is a complex challenge for communications specialists and scientists alike.
Join this side event to share experiences on leveraging communications and engagement to connect science, policy and action.
- The Global Landscapes Forum for cross-sector engagement and knowledge sharing
- Using social media to build and engage with networks
- CIFOR’s Forests News blog for science communications
- Embedding communications within research projects to create uptake and impact
- Monitoring communication outputs and evaluating impact
- On linking evidence with policy dialogues, increasing knowledge exchange, and monitoring the impact and reach of communication activities.
- Participatory farmer radio campaigns to bring technical knowledge to rural farmers and sculpt their behavior for better land management
- International learning exchanges and training seminars as a way to capture and share complex knowledge among practitioners from countries with different challenges and similar goals
- High-level communications networks to help the global restoration movement speak with one voice and be heard.