Six thought leaders in the field of climate have been issued a challenge to present their ‘big ideas’ for change at the Colloquium on Forests and Climate: New Thinking for Transformational Change in New York in September.
Participants will join in discussion with:
· John Holdren on fresh approaches to resolving energy supply problems (tbc)
· Carlos Nobre on the power of climate information to guide lasting solutions
· Cheryl Palm on thinking beyond the forestry–agriculture nexus to reduce climate stresses
· Pushpam Kumar on achieving economic development by valuing natural capital and environmental services
· Eduardo Brondizio on transformative approaches to governance reform
· Daniel Nepstad on new frontiers for interdisciplinary science
Read more about the Colloquium.
Admission is free and open to all, but space is strictly limited. Register now to reserve your place.
Event: Colloquium on Forests and Climate: New Thinking for Transformational Change
Date: 24 September 2014, 2-5 pm
Venue: Roone Arledge Auditorium, Alfred Lerner Hall, Columbia University, New York