CIFOR is partnering on two pivotal events in New York in the third week of September, when the city hosts the UN Climate Summit and the UN General Assembly.
COLLOQUIUM ON FORESTS AND CLIMATE: CIFOR and Columbia University’s Earth Institute challenged six thought leaders on climate to give their big ideas on how to change the future. Hear their responses in a high-level scientific debate at the Colloquium on Forests and Climate: New Thinking for Transformational Change, 24 September at Columbia University in New York.
- Obama’s top science adviser John Holdren (tbc)
- Earth Innovation Institute director Dan Nepstad
- Member, UN Scientific Advisory Board, Carlos Nobre
- Leading food security expert Cheryl Palm
- UNEP’s chief of ecosystem services economics Pushpam Kumar
- Renowned anthropologist Eduardo Brondízio
Registration: Register now through our partners at the Earth Institute. Entry is free, but seats are strictly limited.
Live webcast: Watch the talks live over the Internet on CIFOR TV.
CGIAR DEVELOPMENT DIALOGUES: Tune in to CIFOR TV on 25 September for a live webcast of the CGIAR Development Dialogues. This invitation-only event will bring together more than 250 of the world’s leading scientists, policymakers and development practitioners for a day of dynamic debate, with keynote speeches by:
- H.E. Manuel Pulgar-Vidal (pictured), Minister of Environment, Peru, and UNFCCC COP20 President
- H.E. Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Nigeria
- Kanayo Nwanze, President, International Fund for Agricultural Development
- Frank Rijsberman, Chief Executive Officer, CGIAR Consortium