IUFRO 6.08 – Gender and Forestry Conference Environmental governance and four decades of gender research: Where do we stand?
This conference is organized by IUFRO in cooperation with Faculty of Forest Sciences, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Wondo Genet Forestry College, Ethiopia and the project: Gender and REDD - Global Instruments and Changing Forest Governance . The conference will be held at Wondo Genet Forest College, Ethiopia to discuss one or more of the following questions:
- What are some of the common issues and challenges related to gender and environment across different places?
- What lessons can we share, particularly between countries in the global South and the North?
- How can researchers of gender and forestry learn from gender researchers in other contexts and vice versa?
- How do concerns of feminist scholars such as intersectionality, identity, and masculinity apply to forestry?
- How can gender and forestry research focus on theory and practice? How can theory be used to inform practice and practice inform theory effectively?
- Where should messages about gender and forestry be sent? (e.g., forestry and natural resource management programs, forestry organizations, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, community forest organizations, small-scale operators, public or private sector forestry companies.) What messages do we want to be heard?