Bushmeat trade is a flourishing activity in Lukolela.
Mélie Monnerat (Coordinator for DRC African Network of Model Forest) interacts with remote communities during an inception workshop within COBAM project.
Women contribute to the food security of their families and communities.
CIFOR communication team at Lukolela’s market in DRC.
Women from Lukolela exchanging on the impacts of climate change in their community through a game using palm nuts.
The Population of Lukolela depends exclusively on their ecosystems for survival. Despite the effects of climate change in the region agriculture remains a major activity for Lukolela’s women.
Anne Marie Tiani, COBAM project Coordinator, presents the importance of the multiple services rendered by the trees.
COBAM aims to provide policymakers, practitioners and local communities with the information, analysis and tools they need to implement policies and projects for adaptation to climate change and reduction of carbon emissions in the forests of the Congo Basin, with equitable impacts and co-benefits – including poverty reduction, enhancement of ecosystem services, and protection of local livelihoods and rights. COBAM is implemented by CIFOR under the African Development Bank grant to the Economic Community of Central African States for financing the Congo Basin Ecosystems Conservation Support Program.
- The importance of working at the science-society interface for adaptation to climate change in local territories of Latin America: case studies of Bolivia, Chile and Argentina - 16 September 2013
- Ecosystem-based adaptation in marine, terrestrial and coastal regions - 27 June 2013
- Ecosystem-based adaptation for smallholder subsistence and coffee farming communities in Central America - 14 June 2013
Adaptation layer case studies
- Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation in Greater Banjul - Gambia - 17 October 2013
- Climate Vulnerability and Capacity Analysis in central Tanzania - 13 September 2013
- Adapting Scotland's forests for resilience to climate change - 19 June 2013
- 9 December 2013 - 13 December 2013, Rovaniemi, Finland and across Europe
- 10 December 2013 - 12 December 2013, Barcelona, Spain