The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
IT Application Operations Officer
The establishment of an Information Systems Unit, responsible for developing and maintaining internal systems, requires a team to maintain the live information systems and environments, and provide end-user support. This unit makes sure CIFOR business processes, supported by the information systems, are running to their maximum capacity.
Duties and responsibilities
• In leading the operational team the work will include:
– Maintenance of live databases and servers
– Deployment of information systems into the live environment
– Development of a User Feedback Form for third party vendors for further analysis
– Update any release note documents to capture the latest capabilities of each information system, especially in-house developed systems
• Support end-users in the use of information systems. The support may include identifying problems and providing solutions for end-users.
• Analyze feedback received from users for further enhancement of systems to meet user satisfaction.
• Ensure that information systems and links with other CIFOR systems work to maximum capacity.
• Work with IT and Development teams to ensure that products used for systems meet CIFOR standard requirements in terms of hardware and software.
• Assist in training users on the use of new/updated systems.
• Coordinate with the Development Team in analyzing the design phase of each information system project.
Education, knowledge and experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor degree in information systems or information technology with at least five years of relevant experience as a system analyst, NET programmer and Microsoft SQL Server administrator.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Strong understanding of object oriented concepts
• Experience of managing an operational team would be an advantage.
• Experience of managing a Microsoft Team Foundation Server, K2 certification in both development and server management, and/or project management would also be an advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Good personal organization and priority setting
• Have initiative and capability of working independently and effectively as a team player
• Good interpersonal and communication skills,
• Ability to work and interact with people effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Willing to work outside office hours if necessary.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of two years, inclusive of a six months probationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 09 Jan-2015.
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.