The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Under the Administration Team this new position will manage property, infrastructure and equipment on campus. He/she will be supervised by the Procurement and Property Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
• Inspect, monitor, and ensure on-going project and maintenance work orders are carried out in a timely manner.
• Ensure safety standards, policies, including customer service standards and procedures, are followed.
• Provide technical advice for any troubleshooting required on-site.
• Provide reports and propose equipment/building repairs as required.
• Prepare a list of maintenance records, property equipment and annual budget proposals
• Manage maintenance records and list of property equipment held on campus.
• Prepare annual budget proposals in a timely manner.
• Examine the material needs for repairs, modifications or improvements from a technical perspective.
Education, knowledge and experience
• A minimum of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 (three) years experiences in civil or mechanical engineering.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Able to work with multi-discipline technical individuals
• Competent in priority setting with the ability to work effectively under time pressure
• Competent in time management
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Hard working.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment is for two years, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 27 Feb-2017.
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.