The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of tropical and sub-tropical forest landscapes. We help policy makers and practitioners shape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and address the needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods. Our multidisciplinary approach considers the underlying drivers of deforestation and degradation which often lie outside the forestry sector: forces such as agriculture, infrastructure development, trade and investment policies and law enforcement.
Project Management Support Officer
Under the supervision of the Project Systems Manager, the Project Management Support Officer will provide effective and efficient administrative support for and monitoring of CIFOR’s project management systems and databases. This will require substantial initiative and judgment, and collaboration with CIFOR staff at all levels.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Oversight and monitoring of Project Management Systems:
• Work closely with the team members of the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure accurate status updates of deliverables and reporting, including from partners and to donors in the CIFOR project management system.
• Working closely with CIFOR management, scientists and support staff, oversee the compliance of project management processes with CIFOR policies and requirements.
• Work closely with the Project Systems Manager in the design and implementation of project management initiatives and systems for continuous improvement of project management workflows.
• Monitor the performance and flow of all project management processes and systems, ensuring efficiency and accuracy.
• Take the lead in managing operational project management-related issues raised by CIFOR management, scientists and support staff.
• Provide support and guidance to Research Programs’ Senior Project Officers, Secretaries, Regional Administrators and Project Leaders for all project management processes.
• Analyze and report to Project Systems Manager data to inform CIFOR’s performance measures such as:
– Efficiency of meeting donor reporting timelines (monthly)
– Staff and systems performance (turnaround time)
• Provide back-up support to the Project Systems Manager as necessary, which includes reviewing all of CIFOR’s institutional agreements submitted for approval in the CIFOR project management system.
• Assist with other responsibilities within the Deputy Director General’s office, as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional details of duties, assignments and objectives will be further discussed and laid out in the staff’s annual performance contract/work plan.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in project administration and management, good understanding of financial management and human resources procedures.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
• Have initiative and be capable of working independently and as an effective team player.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
• Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
• Proactive, target driven and diligent.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a nationally recruited position. CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for 2 years (including 6 months probationary period) with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of this position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR Headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 24 Aug-2014
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.