The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of tropical and sub-tropical forest landscapes. We help policy makers and practitioners shape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and address the needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods. Our multidisciplinary approach considers the underlying drivers of deforestation and degradation which often lie outside the forestry sector: forces such as agriculture, infrastructure development, trade and investment policies and law enforcement.
We are looking for people who share our mission and our commitment to professionalism, innovation, impact and collaboration. We currently have exciting opportunity as Senior Accountants.
Duties and responsibilities
• Monitor the W1/W2 Budgets and Actual Expenses of any of the cross-cutting themes, research support units or institutional units.
• Analyze, monitor and evaluate the performance of any of the CCTs (budget versus actual expenditures) or the performance of the units (budget versus actual expenditures) on a regular basis and recommend necessary courses of action.
• Perform budget clearance for grants/consulting contracts and all other requisitions.
• Prepare the annual budgets by providing inputs to the PWB and CRP6 Operational Plan.
• Encode budgets in the budget system.
• Prepare and consolidate the bi-annual and annual CRP6 reports of CIFOR as a participating center.
• Monitor the CRP6 in-trust funds and the amounts transferred to centers.
• Carry out cost and variance analysis.
• Responsible for developing standard cost drivers (staff salary and benefits, research support and indirect costs).
Education, knowledge and experience
• University education in accounting with at least 5 years of relevant experience
• Experience in financial and accounting services
• Experience in project or cost accounting
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Experience with financial software applications, familiarity with Sun Systems and Vision XL, is an advantage
• Familiarity with donor reporting is an advantage
• Strong computer skills in word processing, database and other relevant office applications.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Strong analytical skills
• Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work efficiently under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
• Have the initiative and the capability to work independently as well as effectively as a team player.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
• Experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Terms and Conditions
• Nationally-Recruited position. CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of two year(s), inclusive 6 months probationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be in CIFOR HQ at Bogor, Indonesia
Application processThe application deadline is 15 Dec-2014.
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.