The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
We conduct research that enables more informed and equitable decision making about the use and management of tropical and sub-tropical forest landscapes. We help policy makers and practitioners shape effective policy, improve the management of tropical forests and address the needs and perspectives of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods. Our multidisciplinary approach considers the underlying drivers of deforestation and degradation which often lie outside the forestry sector: forces such as agriculture, infrastructure development, trade and investment policies and law enforcement.
Content manager administrator
The content manager administrator will support the work of the content manager officer in providing solutions to end users, especially to content owners, in managing the existing and/or new additional content on myCIFOR (the CIFOR intranet).
Duties and responsibilities
• Quality control of content by following the work procedure in the authoring workflow
• Manage myCIFOR content
• Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout myCIFOR
• Track and report on all site metrics
• Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in any discipline
• One year or more experience in the same position is an advantage
• One year experience working with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is an advantage
• Experience in HTML programming
• Editorial capabilities is an advantage
• Good written English
• Excellent spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• A friendly disposition and good customer service skills in order to clearly and effectively communicate technical situations to non-technical personnel
• Ability to understand and respond to user questions in an effective and courteous manner
• Ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Terms and Conditions
• Nationally recruited position
• Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience
• The appointment will be for a period of 1 year, including a 6-month probationary period, with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources
• The duty station is at CIFOR’s headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia.
Application processThe application deadline is 16 Dec-2013
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.