Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is in collaboration with Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is looking for:
Research Uptake Specialist
CIFOR’s Forest Management and Restoration (FMR), leads the organization’s global efforts for identifying and securing financial support for CIFOR to carry out its mission and work in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Summary of responsibilities
- Collaborate with scientists and partners to design strategies, based on a clear theory of change, for the targeted dissemination of scientific outputs to appropriate policymakers in government, development practitioners and other key stakeholders in the South American Amazon region.
- Design a needs assessment and strategy for engagement with partners and decision makers in the region based on a clear theory of change on forests and climate change (knowledge-to-policy interface).
- Contribute to developing system and tracking interactions with target audiences, dissemination of outputs and adoption of results in policy and programs.
Education, knowledge and experience
- A master’s degree in environmental, political or other social sciences. Some training in communications would be preferred;
- 2-3 years practical experience in science communications, ideally in Latin America. Experience in various development sectors, including civil society organizations, research organizations, and government. Familiarity with knowledge-to-policy interface;
- Knowledge of policymaking processes. Experience living in developing countries, especially Spanish-speaking countries. Network among policymakers in the areas of forests and climate change and/or forest governance in Latin America would be preferred;
- Ability to collaborate successfully towards a shared goal;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-ethnic environment;
- Citizenship of an EU member state is required.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Willing to travel in Indonesia and internationally,
- Able to work effectively with minimal day-to-day supervision,
- Perfect fluency in English. Fluency in French, Spanish, and German would be seen as an advantage. Knowledge of other language would be an asset.
Terms and Conditions
- Varied tasks, which you will be expected to carry out self-responsibly in an international environment;
- Cooperation with other development cooperation organisations;
- Professional preparation for your assignment abroad;
- Local employment contract as an integrated expert for an initial period of two years – contract may be extended;
- Attractive monthly top-up payments in addition to local salary and social benefits;
- The duty station will be at CIFOR Hub in Lima, Peru.
- The application deadline is until filled.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidate
Telefon: +49-(0)6196 – 79 – 3578